• The KillerFrogs

ADJD’s BIG and NEW Game Day Announcements!

Frogcrates

Hopefully the cheerleaders just get into the middle of the field (or the sidelines) and hold up "go" and "frogs" signs for the different sides. All the fans will be able figure out what to do from there.
It’s more than a little embarrassing when the fan base of a perennial top 25 program needs instructions on how to do a two-word call and response chant at the beginning of every single game. I would rather have a weak go frogs chant than one that is started with step-by-step instructions on how to be a sports fan.

MAcFroggy

It’s more than a little embarrassing when the fan base of a perennial top 25 program needs instructions on how to do a two-word call and response chant at the beginning of every single game. I would rather have a weak go frogs chant than one that is started with step-by-step instructions on how to be a sports fan.

Haha. Agreed.

My biggest gameday complaint I have about Donati and CDC is that they have actively reduced fan engagement, cheerleader engagement, and band engagement in exchange for more music from the speakers and ads. They seem to actively be removing a lot of the things that make college football... well, college football.

netty2424

Good grief. It’s a scheissing fan chant. Just get on board or if it bothers you that bad, go stand in line to buy a beer while it’s going on so you don’t have to participate.

Every school in the country has a similar chant and 100% of the time they are all started by somebody. And other schools seem to really feed off of it.

Not surprising this fan base doesn’t.

Deep Purple

I don't think it's the chant itself that gets complaints from so many as much as it is the guy at midfield yelling it through the microphone non stop, and often off rhythm.
He doesn't yell non-stop or off-rhythm. Since he starts the cheer, he sets the rhythm. And as soon as the crows picks up the cheer, he shuts up.

79909_MSU.png

froginmn

Good grief. It’s a scheissing fan chant. Just get on board or if it bothers you that bad, go stand in line to buy a beer while it’s going on so you don’t have to participate.
How would anybody do that? It will be after the happy hour pricing, for crying out loud!

dkfrog

Are we thinking there will be any more big announcements? Extended tailgate hours? Some kind of flyover info? Or just little updates from here on out?

Wally the Frog

Lighten up.
I was at an Alabama game last year, and prior to the game, they had a cheerleader at midfield, with a microphone, starting the Ala - Bama cheer. If the #1 program in college football can do it. We can do it.

tcudoc

They did a good job on this cover.
I am a big Peter Gabriel fan. He did a cover of this song with an orchestra and I think it is far better than the original. It is a unique take on the song that is haunting. You have to give it a few listens before you truly appreciate the beauty of it.

Last edited: