• The KillerFrogs

Fall camp thread

asleep003

I know there are probably plenty of people looking at that saying "no way TCU should be that high" but how in the world do you have a Nebraska team that was 4-8 last year at 13? And it's not like they've got a recent history of being really good that makes you think that 4-8 season was just an aberration..

Probably because the way Nebraska finished the 2nd half of their 2018 season. Plus 13 starters back in the softer division of the Big10, doesn't hurt their prospects.

CountryFrog

Probably because the way Nebraska finished the 2nd half of their 2018 season. Plus 13 starters back in the softer division of the Big10, doesn't hurt their prospects.
You can find a few positive reasons to put anyone you want in the top 15 when it's preseason I suppose. I can probably come up with a couple positive things about Tech if I try really really hard.

Well, maybe not Tech...

I’ve gotten to where....

A. I don’t pay near enough attention to who is returning on every team (or what new players are supposed to make an impact).
B. My memory sucks now, so half the time I don’t even remember who was actually good the year before. For instance, you could’ve told me Nebraska was 8-4 last year instead of 4-8 and I wouldn’t have batted an eye. I don’t remember a bleeping thing about their season.

So my opinion of these polls these days is that I’m sure these voters are wrong on 80% of their picks, but why the hell do I think I might know better than them? I’m sure I know more about TCU than them, but then again I’m also very biased about them, so who really knows.
Yeah, me too and I often wonder how much research a lot of the people who vote in the polls do as well. Nebraska was one of those teams that I had questions about. I suppose that they could have some miraculous turnaround but I don't know enough about them to project how they could change their trajectory so quickly but we'll see.

MAcFroggy

Patterson said he would announce starter tomorrow. He also said two qbs will play in the first quarter.

My guess is the same most people have assumed for a while now, Delton starts and Duggan comes in.