• The KillerFrogs

OT: Best Inexpensive Restaurants in FTW

Chongo94

I like Del Norte’s too. But it’s almost like a guy who can cook really good barbecue decided to do Tex-Mex instead. Good stuff though and neat story about the owner/chef.

Pharm Frog

I think it’s called Max’s Kitchen. But I could be way wrong.

Drove by this morning. It does have a hand-painted sign that say's "Max" on it but only faces southwest-bound traffic. If you are looking for the sign before stopping, you're guaranteed to miss it unless the train has traffic stopped. Suffice it to say that it's a red shack between those gas stations and behind the flag vendor. Guessing he's not open on Sunday's. And...hoping he finds a good location once that Cresson bypass completes.

ShreveFrog

I'm looking for a good sports bar somewhat near TCU. Lots of screens and good food and a joint the wife won't reject (so looks like Wild Pitch is out). Kind of thinking Twin Peaks, but you guys tell me. Thanks.

SuperBarrFrog

I'm looking for a good sports bar somewhat near TCU. Lots of screens and good food and a joint the wife won't reject (so looks like Wild Pitch is out). Kind of thinking Twin Peaks, but you guys tell me. Thanks.
Buffalo Bros on University next to the Pub. Also the new one downtown is same food but big and fancy.

Pharm Frog

Mrs Pharm is okay with Twin Peaks as long as it isn’t Valentines week. Made that mistake once. We were going to go to Wild Pitch one evening after we moved back to the area but one of my reps warned me what it was so we went elsewhere. I strongly suspect that Mrs Pharm would have vetoed that one after about 30 seconds. Twin Peaks has a really good pot roast dinner. Not enough places serve roast IMO.

SuperBarrFrog

Mrs Pharm is okay with Twin Peaks as long as it isn’t Valentines week. Made that mistake once. We were going to go to Wild Pitch one evening after we moved back to the area but one of my reps warned me what it was so we went elsewhere. I strongly suspect that Mrs Pharm would have vetoed that one after about 30 seconds. Twin Peaks has a really good pot roast dinner. Not enough places serve roast IMO.

I’ve never heard of wild pitch so I just looked it up. They basically wear lingerie all the time? Whoa.

Realtorfrog

If you haven’t been, make a trip south on the Chisholm Trail to Godly, Tx and DelNorte Tacos. It is Mexican BBQ, and it is fantastic. 5 Star rating. It is an outdoor music venue, as well. Located in an old rock mid-20s service station. I recommend the Brisket Tacos
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

It’s good but the wait to get your food. We waited over an hour once we placed our order for our food to arrive. Haven’t been back but only because of this.

CryptoMiner

Still don't understand the love affair with Kincaids. Time to put it out to pasture.

Yeah who loves a classic hamburger cooked the way a burger is meant to be cooked?

Kincaids lights up most best of lists for good reason unless you like blue cheese infused meat or exotic wild game with herbal additives.

Time to put to rest the “craft” burger and enjoy a real burger.

Yeah who loves a classic hamburger cooked the way a burger is meant to be cooked?

Kincaids lights up most best of lists for good reason unless you like blue cheese infused meat or exotic wild game with herbal additives.

Time to put to rest the “craft” burger and enjoy a real burger.

You talking to me? I never said anything about craft burgers. Best burger in town in Charley's, IMO. Followed by the Fredburger. Can't get any more classic than that.