• The KillerFrogs

ADJD’s BIG and NEW Game Day Announcements!

Casey T

Regarding the new Jumbotron... I’ve never paid much attention to how big they are at stadiums but I’m at a baseball game right now and the scoreboard is 120’ long and looks absolutely massive.

Apparently ours is now 108’. I wasn’t very impressed with the pictures I’ve seen but now I’m pumped

YA

Pics do it no justice.
Very true!!

I wonder if it will have a back that lights up TCU like the old one?

If it will, they got a long way to go to finish but the front is working. So maybe like the east side it is a work in progress.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Very true!!

I wonder if it will have a back that lights up TCU like the old one?

If it will, they got a long way to go to finish but the front is working. So maybe like the east side it is a work in progress.
I thought the same thing the other day as I was roaming the stadium. An even bigger TCU on the back would look epic from the Hulen bridge.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I thought the same thing the other day as I was roaming the stadium. An even bigger TCU on the back would look epic from the Hulen bridge.
And crank it back up to 21.9 jigawatts like before when CdC was here. Should be a purple beacon visible from Bowie (not the Camp, either).

Eight

while at the gym this morning a song came up on my play list that struck me as the song to be played between the third and fourth quarter as the crowd sing along song.

key the song needs to be familiar, words not overly complicated, and the chorus easy enough to remember that if someone has consumed too many of the now sold throughout the stadium beers they can still stumble through it.

important in my mind though that the song has a certain edge about it, a certain grit and toughness in how it is done that it tells the frogs opponents things are really about to get nasty this final fifteen minutes.

i give you motorhead's cover of bowie's hereos

what sealed it for me is lemmy. frogs moto this year is earn the chip. no one had a bigger chip in the history of rock than lemmy.

the guy lived his life, recorded what he wanted regardless of the record execs, and was out front of motorhead up to a few months before his death at 70.

gary as frustrating as he can be at times has built this defense, this team, this program how he wanted, experts be damned and the idea he is going to do it his way until he leaves the program is the defiance you hear in lemmy's vocals.

granted, might want a different video on the message board, but i am sure someone else can come up with that.

netty2424

More like the difference between good loud and bad loud. I am all for loud, but I don't want it to sound like garbage. At least they are admitting the old system wasn't the best.
Agree 100. I sit northwest corner lower bowl which was basically right below the speaker stack. It was really loud at times, but as you referred to, it was bad loud. Just didn’t sound clear at all.