• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

TCURiggs

I know y'all have been eagerly awaiting my next misadventure. I'll admit, it's been a while and long overdue. I was moving some tables at the office and one of the casters got caught on something and it rolled over and fell on my big toe. Nail is turning purple. Stood over a trashcan for a bit but held it down. Hurts.

I had a heart attack on Sunday. Bet that hurt worse!

Currently can't sleep in the hospital, waiting to get out of here in a few hours!

TCURiggs

Haha. I wish. My wife made me start going to the Dr for blood work/checkups when I turned 35 (I'm 36 and stubborn). Well, apparently I checked out to be healthy as a horse, other than the blockage on the "widowmaker" artery that we never discovered. Did a bunch of work on a house with my brother on Sunday, picked up the fam and mentioned I had some chest pain, so I was going to run into Albertson's Westcliff and get some Aspirin (my wife text me while I was in there, saying she didn't want to say it in front of the kids, but she thought I should go to the Dr... I never got that text.) Passed smooth out in Albertson's, and a mutual friend/Tanglewood Dad pretty much saved my life by starting CPR and getting the Fire Department over there in a hurry. Been a long, tough week, but I've been amazed by the support of our family and friends. Incredible showing by so many out there, and feel blessed to be leaving this joint today!

Ron Swanson

It’s been real hairy and a lot of us non-medical dumbarses were studying up reading medical articles on his condition, trying to learn just how serious it was. We didn’t know if he was gonna live, and we didn’t know if he did live, if he’d lose brain function, etc... (he was basically in a medically induced coma/hypothermic state for 2-3 days). There was a good chunk of time early in the week where we thought there was a good chance we could lose him. We were all getting our info 3rd hand from his family passing it along to his closest friends and then they’d keep us up to date.

As a result, I don’t know if maybe the doctors were feeling good about it the whole time and they knew he would react well and come out of it fine in the end, but we were all nervous as ship. It was an extremely serious cardiac event and apparently he’s very lucky to be alive (based on the fact that he ‘passed out’ where and when he did so he was able to be given immediate medical attention).

I kept wanting to post something here and on 247, since Riggs is such an active member of both boards, but I didn’t know if it was my place at the time, so I just stayed quiet.

Anyway, it became real apparent real quick just how many people love the guy and were thinking/praying for him. Also, I bet there are about 50 more annual physicals that just got scheduled out of his friend group. Riggs is one of the more in-shape guys out of our friend-group and a this made a lot of people nervous about their own health (especially our fatter friends).

Last edited:

Currently can't sleep in the hospital, waiting to get out of here in a few hours!

Man, I figured by the time someone said anything about your condition my toe incident would be a few pages gone.

Unless you're heavily sedated, sleeping and resting in the hospital is nearly impossible.

Glad your still with us. Darning miracle. You had a lot of people praying for you. Might want to hold off on watching the Frogs for a bit.

It’s been real hairy and a lot of us non-medical dumbarses were studying up reading medical articles on his condition, trying to learn just how serious it was. We didn’t know if he was gonna live, and we didn’t know if he did live, if he’d lose brain function, etc... (he was basically in a medically induced coma/hypothermic state for 2-3 days). There was a good chunk of time early in the week where we thought there was a good chance we could lose him. We were all getting our info 3rd hand from his family passing it along to his closest friends and then they’d keep us up to date.

As a result, I don’t know if maybe the doctors were feeling good about it the whole time and they knew he would react well and come out of it fine in the end, but we were all nervous as ship. But it was an extremely serious cardiac event and apparently he’s very lucky to be alive (based on the fact that he ‘passed out’ where and when he did so he was able to be given immediate medical attention).

I kept wanting to post something here and on 247, since Riggs is such an active member of both boards, but I didn’t know if it was my place at the time, so I just stayed quiet.

Anyway, it became real apparent real quick just how many people love the guy and were thinking/praying for him. Also, I bet there are about 50 more annual physicals that just got scheduled out of his friend group. Riggs is one of the more in-shape guys out of our friend-group and a this made a lot of people nervous about their own health (especially our fatter friends).

Yeah, it's been a weird week trying to keep up the humor and normal routine around here but knowing some serious [ Finebaum ] was going down.

I literally saw this posted 10 minutes after his wife posted a pic of him and the kids last night:

Had a Coronary Calcium Scan of my Heart yesterday to detect any plaque buildup in my Coronary Arteries. Received a perfect score of zero buildup in all 4 areas of my heart. It was only $100 @ Baylor, Scott & White Cardiovascular Center in Grapevine and worth every cent!! If your family has a history of heart problems, this Scan is a must!! 817-912-8400

Got get your scans, gents and lady.

TCURiggs

As a result, I don’t know if maybe the doctors were feeling good about it the whole time and they knew he would react well and come out of it fine in the end, but we were all nervous as ship. But it was an extremely serious cardiac event and apparently he’s very lucky to be alive (based on the fact that he ‘passed out’ where and when he did so he was able to be given immediate medical attention).

Been giving Ron and some others updates the past day or so, like I was current or some ship, and they had all apparently been discussing it. I didn't know that because I was almost dead, but it was very cool for me to see all the love and support I had. Amazing friends and fam. Lucky man!

Shorty

I'm guilty about not going to the doctor. I went to the doctor 2 years ago when my son was gonna be born to get a TDAP shot. I hadn't been in 10 years before that. I'm 33 and a fitness homo so the doctor said I was good for a few years unless something comes up.

HFrog1999

Haha. I wish. My wife made me start going to the Dr for blood work/checkups when I turned 35 (I'm 36 and stubborn). Well, apparently I checked out to be healthy as a horse, other than the blockage on the "widowmaker" artery that we never discovered. Did a bunch of work on a house with my brother on Sunday, picked up the fam and mentioned I had some chest pain, so I was going to run into Albertson's Westcliff and get some Aspirin (my wife text me while I was in there, saying she didn't want to say it in front of the kids, but she thought I should go to the Dr... I never got that text.) Passed smooth out in Albertson's, and a mutual friend/Tanglewood Dad pretty much saved my life by starting CPR and getting the Fire Department over there in a hurry. Been a long, tough week, but I've been amazed by the support of our family and friends. Incredible showing by so many out there, and feel blessed to be leaving this joint today!

giphy.gif

That’s so scary. Thank God you’re alive. I hope your recovery goes well and you’re feeling better soon.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

As a result, I don’t know if maybe the doctors were feeling good about it the whole time and they knew he would react well and come out of it fine in the end, but we were all nervous as ship. It was an extremely serious cardiac event and apparently he’s very lucky to be alive (based on the fact that he ‘passed out’ where and when he did so he was able to be given immediate medical attention).

When I heard what happened I believe my reply was “well, I just gave up everything.”

Glad you’re still with us, Riggs. There were a whole lot of people out there thinking about you this week.

netty2424

Can’t tell if serious bc you’re always joking, but if true man........holy ship. That’s scary stuff. Glad you made it back to the land of the living.

How did your wife know you went down in the store? Did she eventually come looking for you?

Real talk, did you see the light? We’re you able to fast forward and see who started under center against APB?

Seriously tho, I’m glad you’re doing ok Riggs. That’s scary to think about leaving kiddos behind.

Frog-in-law1995

Can’t tell if serious bc you’re always joking, but if true man........holy ship. That’s scary stuff. Glad you made it back to the land of the living.

How did your wife know you went down in the store? Did she eventually come looking for you?

Real talk, did you see the light? We’re you able to fast forward and see who started under center against APB?

Seriously tho, I’m glad you’re doing ok Riggs. That’s scary to think about leaving kiddos behind.

Pretty sure it’s a sympathy ploy. Just trying to get out of yard work or something.

MTfrog5

Goodness that’s some scary stuff. Figured you got too cool for us or something like majority of 247. Glad to hear you’re doing better