• The KillerFrogs

First real week of College Football games

Pharm Frog

The Lady from the North?

This one?

TELEMMGLPICT000131421668_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqrpfQw2hJyG_yckwxPAr0go9KzD8cVu9iguqnaKUswZA.jpeg

Wexahu

Georgia Tech-Clemson on Thursday. GT has a new coach and I think the triple option is out now. They'll likely get destroyed by Clemson, but I'm interested to see what they do.

That first year transitioning from the triple option to a regular offense has to be brutal.

Salfrog

Tier 1
Auburn - Oregon is the big one. The last two odd years, auburn beat both Georgia and Bama... people are sleeping on them.

Memphis beating Ole Miss would be fun. Northwestern - Stanford should be pretty good.

It will be interesting to see what Auburn does this year. They announced they are starting a true freshman at QB last week, Bo Nix.

WhatTheFrog

I bet it’s not.
Prediction?

I really don't know. Almost ANYTHING could be better than a triple option, but it depends on the type of players that have been recruited for that system. They aren't particularly big, or fast, or anything else to play that system (as evidenced by their recent records). I've been saying for a few years now that, if GT ran a spread offense, they might likely win the conference, or at least create a ton of chaos.

I have a somewhat vested interest in their progress, so I follow them closer than any reasonable person would an ACC member. Full disclosure, my dad is a grad.

WhatTheFrog

Most players didn’t play it in HS - back to what they know.
High school is a "double option". The best athlete on the field typically plays QB. He can run, throw, and pass. If the pass or handoff isn't available, he'll tuck it and run himself. Hell, half of TCU's roster is former HS QBs (seemingly). We're all about athletes, and speed kills.

stbrab

Watched game day this morning. Reece picked the Frogs to be the surprise team to finish in the top 10.

Damn, I’m ready for football!