• The KillerFrogs

Yardbarker: Redskins looking to trade, could release Doctson

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
11233128.jpg

Redskins looking to trade WR Josh Doctson, could release him

Originally posted on Sportsnaut | By Vincent Frank

The Washington Redskins have some major holes at wide receiver entering the 2019 season. Primarily, the receivers atop their depth chart are all unproven.

That includes former first-round pick Josh Doctson, who has recorded all of 81 catches for 1,100 yards in three seasons.

According to this report, Washington has been attempting to trade the draft bust over the past two years and could potentially release him ahead of Week 1 if a trade partner doesn’t emerge.

Read more at https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...h_doctson_could_release_him/s1_12680_29799905

VA Froggie

11233128.jpg

The Washington Redskins have some major holes at wide receiver entering the 2019 season. Primarily, the receivers atop their depth chart are all unproven.

That includes former first-round pick Josh Doctson, who has recorded all of 81 catches for 1,100 yards in three seasons.

According to this report, Washington has been attempting to trade the draft bust over the past two years and could potentially release him ahead of Week 1 if a trade partner doesn’t emerge.

Read more at https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...h_doctson_could_release_him/s1_12680_29799905

VA Froggie

11233128.jpg

Virginia Frog

Couldn't be better news for him. He will excel on another team that knows what the hell they are doing.
I really hope JD finds a greener pasture and a better team.

IMO, no way should he be characterized as a "draft bust." His injuries and the lack of a decent QB or even a stable every-week QB have contributed to his low production on the field. (His loss-insuring end zone drop on MNF at the end of the KC game a couple seasons ago really hurt his PR in the DC area - as is said in jest at end of the classic film "Some Like It Hot": "Nobody's perfect!")

I'm a 'Skins" fan tried and true. But this Dan Snyder, the head of the snake, needs to go. I won't begin a litany of reasons why, it would be longer than "War and Peace."

You Cowpoke fans, please have empathy toward us. Just remember, I cheered for TCU when we were the "Shofner Frogs" and went 0-11 in '76.

Go Josh! You do have fans in town.

('Skins Draft Bust #1: RG3 - boo, hiss. I was more of a Ravens fan those years.)

Notice that I don't use the name/word "R**skins". VF

Last edited:

TRF51

He is a bust, true his qb situation has really limited him but the biggest reason for him being a bust is his Achilles that has hindered him since his rookie year. I don’t like to say it and he has shown flashes of being a play maker but there is probably a reason why they have not traded him, mainly he has no trade value. I have watched every NFL game he has played and he is not the same player he has when he was here. That said I have seen some footage of him this year and he looks closer then ever so he can still turn things around. I pray he does and if he is traded I hope he lives up to his potential.

yurintroubl

He is a bust, true his qb situation has really limited him but the biggest reason for him being a bust is his Achilles that has hindered him since his rookie year. I don’t like to say it and he has shown flashes of being a play maker but there is probably a reason why they have not traded him, mainly he has no trade value. I have watched every NFL game he has played and he is not the same player he has when he was here. That said I have seen some footage of him this year and he looks closer then ever so he can still turn things around. I pray he does and if he is traded I hope he lives up to his potential.

I firmly believe the Redskins medical staff contributed heavily to the "lingering issues" that have plagued him.

Would LOVE to see him in Black & Gold opposite Mike Thomas.