• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

Lower back pain (right side), standard stretching, ibuprofen and acetaminophen, ice and heat pad aren’t helping much.

When I elevate my lower back using a pillow to relieve the pain; my right leg starts tingling and I get numbness in my legs (sometimes just the right, sometimes both) If I’m walking around I’m okay other than a dull albeit consistent pain. Any bending movement or sitting or laying down and the pain is at its peak. Especially in the morning and evening.

Does this sound like a herniated disc causing hell on my sciatic nerve? I have an appointment set tomorrow for an orthopedic dr.

Ive had back pain for years and I’ve been taking otc pain meds, CBD, chiropractors for years.

Hoping to hear something from someone who has shared some similar symptoms or information from our resident poster @tcudoc

Edit- tingling and numbness occurs more often in my right leg while driving lately.

I herniated a disk in high school which caused sciatica. My symptoms were a lot like yours. Therapy was very helpful, but I still have pain from time to time. Gin or Bourbon helps

nwlafrog

I herniated a disk in high school which caused sciatica. My symptoms were a lot like yours. Therapy was very helpful, but I still have pain from time to time. Gin or Bourbon helps

Yeah, I brought home a couple 24’s because I didn’t feel like drinking Tito’s. I know it’s not the best idea in the world to self medicate, but when OTC pain relief isn’t working you gotta do what you gotta do from a legal perspective. If I could light up a fat hog leg I’m sure I’d feel a bit better... or at least sleep a bit better.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I swear by yoga. I try to find time for at least 15 minutes a day.

I picture Phormer like...
older-man-mature-yogi-arm-balance-astavakrasana-eight-angle-pose.jpg

Purp

My wife suffers from extreme back pain due to a car accident in high school. The only way she has successfully managed it is through yoga. I feel for you nwla. That sucks.
This is something I'm considering also. Doc alluded to it, but the best thing I can do for myself to preclude pain is increase core strength uniformly. The idea is that stronger core muscles will provide support for my spine and reduce the amount it has to support me. The byproduct is reduced inflammation in the areas that cause me trouble, which leads to fewer symptoms.

Purp

I used a tens machine a few days ago to try to relieve some middle back pain. I think my spine is trying to save itself some discomfort by shifting itself a bit over time and it made my mid back feel like I pulled something even though I hadn’t done anything.

I am going to purchase one soon instead of borrowing my SIL’s.
TENS is a head game, I think. quite literally, I think it tricks the brain into thinking you don't hurt anymore.

I'm told the idea is to overwhelm the pain receptors or whatever in the brain to mask the pain signals. That's effective for me bc my pain often triggers spasms so making the brain think the pain is gone relaxes the muscles. I think it also fatigues the muscles, which also helps in my case. I've also found ice and heat with the TENS to be effective.

Frog-in-law1995

I’m in line for lunch down in Austin, and it’s a long line, so the group of college students behind me are playing this game where they pretend to sleep and the leader tells different people to wake up at different times, and then makes up some story about what happened to one of them. I honestly have no idea what they’re doing. Does this sound even remotely familiar to anyone?

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I’m in line for lunch down in Austin, and it’s a long line, so the group of college students behind me are playing this game where they pretend to sleep and the leader tells different people to wake up at different times, and then makes up some story about what happened to one of them. I honestly have no idea what they’re doing. Does this sound even remotely familiar to anyone?
Keep Austin Weird!

Eight

[ What the heck? ]? you sure that isn't a group of pre-schoolers?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Sounds like Dr. Lexus' original diagnosis of Not Sure would probably actually apply accurately to that group.

tcudoc

Probably an improv group. You should have joined them.
InbornPastelIbis-size_restricted.gif

PurplFrawg

Administrator
The original Schlotzsky's was on South Congress across from the State School for the Deaf. It was always a nice place to go for a quiet meal.