• The KillerFrogs

Cool Uniform Thread

tcufrogprince1

You are making this political. As a counterpoint, some of my good friends (no acquaintances) 3 in the Air Force and a Navy pilot all wear Nike. So I've talked to those vets. So scheiss your point too and thanks for derailing this thread [ profanity ] bag.

Nike made the choice to be political by MAKING a FREAKING POLITICAL STATEMENT. Both of you have a choice to like or not like Nike. He doesnt and did nothing to personally attack YOU. YOU DID. I personally dont like Nike as a company, but I do like their designs. Ive stopped buying Nike a long time ago as it was just not a good shoe for me. The business has a right to make whatever statements they want and consumers have a right to make whatever choices and statements they want about those company statements. What is most sickening is that you are attacking a fellow frog. I dont care what his beliefs are, he is still a fellow frog and you need to take the stick out of your own rear end before you start criticising someone elses political or otherwise statements. Opinions are welcomed, even if they are not our own. Attacking and name calling is down right stupid.

Surfrog

[USER=73111]@Surfrog
-What “action” are you taking about?[/USER]

99% of this country's love for the military is surface level at BEST.

Hell, Trump just blasted (and lied about) the former CO of ISAF, CO of JSOC, and one of the most influential generals the army has had, who submitted his own resignation after some possibly untrue statements were released in a magazine. His support base who "loves" the military was fine with this, was fine with him blasting Sen. McCain, and was fine with him dodging the draft 5 times.

Nike made a choice which is protected by the VERY freedoms our military fights for, yet gets dogged for it. There's a difference between freedom and fascism and I swear most wouldn't know the difference if you hit them over the head with it. Forced patriotism isn't patriotism.

Oh, by the way, the move paid off and Nike sales went up 31% after the whole thing.

Regarding "Talk - Action = Zero" it's a phrase:

Talk is cheap. It doesn’t cost you anything. What’s the positive result of talking? Nothing.
If anything, it might piss someone else off. If you say you are going to do something, then develop a course of action and do it. Results are a side effect of the action. Hope is not a course of action. I cannot begin to describe how many times I have heard:

“I want to lose weight.”
“I want to get stronger.”
“We need to go to that show.”
“I want to build my own brand.”
Let’s hang out”

What do all these have in common? Pleads. Pleads which lack a course of action. Most of these pleads are met with a common response:

“I don’t have time.” or “I’m busy.”

In a sentence: don’t tell me you don’t have time… just tell me you don’t want it bad enough.

Rant/Over.

99% of this country's love for the military is surface level at BEST.

Hell, Trump just blasted (and lied about) the former CO of ISAF, CO of JSOC, and one of the most influential generals the army has had, who submitted his own resignation after some possibly untrue statements were released in a magazine. His support base who "loves" the military was fine with this, was fine with him blasting Sen. McCain, and was fine with him dodging the draft 5 times.

Nike made a choice which is protected by the VERY freedoms our military fights for, yet gets dogged for it. There's a difference between freedom and fascism and I swear most wouldn't know the difference if you hit them over the head with it. Forced patriotism isn't patriotism.

Oh, by the way, the move paid off and Nike sales went up 31% after the whole thing.

Regarding "Talk - Action = Zero" it's a phrase:

Talk is cheap. It doesn’t cost you anything. What’s the positive result of talking? Nothing.
If anything, it might piss someone else off. If you say you are going to do something, then develop a course of action and do it. Results are a side effect of the action. Hope is not a course of action. I cannot begin to describe how many times I have heard:

“I want to lose weight.”
“I want to get stronger.”
“We need to go to that show.”
“I want to build my own brand.”
Let’s hang out”

What do all these have in common? Pleads. Pleads which lack a course of action. Most of these pleads are met with a common response:

“I don’t have time.” or “I’m busy.”

In a sentence: don’t tell me you don’t have time… just tell me you don’t want it bad enough.

Rant/Over.
I still have no idea [ What the heck? ] your issue is. You hate patriots/ facists and people who express intent?

Not sure what any of this has to do with the fact that we are due some new lululeman britches next year.

YA

I still have no idea [ What the heck? ] your issue is. You hate patriots/ facists and people who express intent?

Not sure what any of this has to do with the fact that we are due some new lululeman britches next year.
I think he is saying is that most folks say they support the military, but do little more than be internet warriors and little else. Only like .4% of the American population serves and has no clue what the military actual goes thru on a daily basis.

Everyone in my family on both sides served and most retired (my dad being the lone exception but he did serve in Korea and myself who did not serve)--the ones that didn't either died in combat or have a service connected disability from combat. Not one member of my family has had any reservations about Nike on the subject. maybe my family is just different.

It is typically the hyper-sensitive types who are most upset about Nike and frankly, Nike is doing far better than they were before the failed boycott.

ShreveFrog

@Surfrog - Well, I honor veterans each week through my job (a program that was going to be killed until I fought to keep it going.) And I resold or donated a shipload of Frogs and Rangers Nike gear and Nike shoes and replaced them with Under Armour, Fanatics, Colloseum, Majestic, Adidas, Footjoy, etc. So those are "actions" that I take, if you want to call it that.

But sorry I got triggered by the close up pic of the Swoosh. I'll try to refrain. And by the way, I'm no Trump guy and some others here can vouch for that.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
3E456FFC-2AF5-469A-887D-CA960AE30DAF.gif