• The KillerFrogs

First 2019 AP Poll

Jackson

Nebraska at 24?
Nebraska has got to have the easiest schedule in the country and with the BIG X being so heavy weighted in the AP Poll they’re my favorite for the 2019 most overrated team. They’ll lose at least three games but when they do they won’t fall very far in the very political AP Poll.

berryfrog95

Literally every school in the Big12 is making a 3 safety scheme a part of their base..I get a kick out of schools that like to bag on GP about being old school and then turnaround and implement his “forward” thinking defense
Exactly, we’ll have the more talented front 7 over UT but when Todd Orlando does a scheme it’s en Vogue

Froggish

Exactly, we’ll have the more talented front 7 over UT but when Todd Orlando does a scheme it’s en Vogue

One of these days, long after GP rides off into the sunset, ESPN will do a 30/30 on how GP revolutionized the game. The amazing thing is how the game is actually evolving toward normalizing his concepts. That when you know you are dealing with a real genius.

This year I’d like him to play around with mixing his fronts pre-snap..Imagine being fluid on walking a safety into the box or leaving him back and sneaking an end to LB creating a 3 3 stack..I think you could easily pull that off with Ochaun Mathis and Gaines. I love the versatility you can get with athletes on the field

Mean Purple

Nebraska has got to have the easiest schedule in the country and with the BIG X being so heavy weighted in the AP Poll they’re my favorite for the 2019 most overrated team. They’ll lose at least three games but when they do they won’t fall very far in the very political AP Poll.
Our losses cost us plenty in 2015. I write this as I watch a replay of last year's Peach Bowl with 9-3 Florida.

Wexahu

Our losses cost us plenty in 2015. I write this as I watch a replay of last year's Peach Bowl with 9-3 Florida.

Which team got screwed in favor of Florida? I think Washington State and a few G5 teams might have been the only other teams with less than 3 losses, and I’m pretty sure a PAC 12 team will never play in the Peach Bowl because of the contractual bowl tie-ins. So who should have been there besides Florida?

Last edited:

Mean Purple

Which team got screwed in favor of Florida? I think Washington State and a few G5 teams might have been the only other teams with less than 3 losses, and I’m pretty sure a PAC 12 team will never play in a NY6 Bowl because of the contractual bowl tie-ins. So who should have been there besides Florida?
Ohio State covered for a coach who abused a woman.

Zubaz

I’m pretty sure a PAC 12 team will never play in a NY6 Bowl because of the contractual bowl tie-ins.
Huh? I mean, first I assume you mean "other than the Rose Bowl" obviously? Washington played in the Fiesta Bowl as an at-large selection in 2017. USC was the conference champ and went to the Cotton Bowl that year because the Rose was a Semi game that year, but I am thinking you meant at-large (and at-large where the champ is not in the playoff).

Wexahu

Huh? I mean, first I assume you mean "other than the Rose Bowl" obviously? Washington played in the Fiesta Bowl as an at-large selection in 2017. USC was the conference champ and went to the Cotton Bowl that year because the Rose was a Semi game that year, but I am thinking you meant at-large (and at-large where the champ is not in the playoff).

Oops. I meant a Pac-12 team will never play in the Peach Bowl. I just don't know who else was a realistic candidate to be in the Peach Bowl last if Florida wasn't the team. Pretty sure any team they put in there was going to have at least 3 losses.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon

[Narrator's voice]

He never knows what he means.

Zubaz

Oops. I meant a Pac-12 team will never play in the Peach Bowl. I just don't know who else was a realistic candidate to be in the Peach Bowl last if Florida wasn't the team. Pretty sure any team they put in there was going to have at least 3 losses.
Ah, yeah that makes more sense but still not sure that's true. Peach Bowl is exclusively at-large beyond the years where they are required to take the highest ranking G5 team. The Pac-12's only contractual relationship is with the Rose Bowl, beyond that they go to the at-large selectors in Fiesta, Peach, and Cotton. I think that comes down to selection order depending on the year. Now, of course, the Peach Bowl being way out in Atlanta it's more likely that the Cotton and Fiesta would be more preferable destinations for traveling fans.

To your point, Florida finished the year ranked 10th at 9-3. Washington State was the only P5 team beneath them with a better record (10-2). I kinda think they were the ones that had a case. That USC loss really screwed them.

Wexahu

To your point, Florida finished the year ranked 10th at 9-3. Washington State was the only P5 team beneath them with a better record (10-2). I kinda think they were the ones that had a case. That USC loss really screwed them.

Had a case, maybe. Had a good case, not no sure about that. I think those that would argue that Washington State should have been ranked ahead of Florida would really be doing it out of SEC hate more than anything. WSU routinely plays one of the worst OOC schedules in college football (Leach is notorious for that going way back) and everyone here always talks about how much the PAC 12 sucks. To all the sudden switch gears and say WSU should have been in the Peach Bowl would be disingenuous at best.

I'm all for the "little guy" getting a fair shake, but I don't want the little guy getting any favors just because they are the little guy.

Wexahu

It was me being a smart [briles]. Response for you missing the point in your usual defense of the brand only promoting college football scam invitational.

I guess I did miss the point. What was it? I thought since you were pointing out that 9-3 Florida made the Peach Bowl and 10-2 TCU didn't make a NY6 Bowl that there must be some kind of injustice.