• The KillerFrogs

OT - McMansions

HFrog1999

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1et3.gif

Austintxfrog94

What the heck?

Why do Republicans hate their fellow Americans so much? You can't claim to love America when you hate 85% of Americans.
Lighten up Frances, I was joking around. I don't have major issues with folks that have different ideologies, I however am not crazy about them taking over, raising my taxes and letting the homeless crap in the streets. Just my particular thinking, Go Frogs.

tcudoc

Actually, you could have typed anything in response to my post, and your response was that you can love cars and houses, both inanimate objects, and dislike the people in those inanimate objects.
You could have denied my claim that Republicans dislike most Americans but instead you proclaimed love for inanimate objects and doubled down on disliking persons inside said objects.

No hyperbole necessary.
If you go back and reread my post, I said "You can..."
I did not say "I can"
I did not double down or claim to love or hate anything. I simply said it was possible. I am not sure if you are really angry or just playing a game. Either way, I am okay with it.
You can love killerfrogs.com but not love some of the people who post here. That is possible.
You are a good frog fan and I did not intend to set you off. As I said, I was mostly just having fun and disproving your absolute statement that was incorrect.

Mean Purple

Lighten up Frances, I was joking around. I don't have major issues with folks that have different ideologies, I however am not crazy about them taking over, raising my taxes and letting the homeless crap in the streets. Just my particular thinking, Go Frogs.
The homeless camping ordinance in Austin has folks worried in other cities now. Hoping it does not get as bad as Portland.

westoverhillbilly

Members of the lucky sperm club.

Inherited money.

Geezer is somewhat right.. There are a few types of folks in the luxury homes in Fort Worth as well as probably anywhere else:
- lucky sperm club members and
-those that earn large sums and
-those that save and invest quite well and usually conservatively

Actually, many/perhaps most of those I've been exposed to possess two or all three of the above characteristics..

There is an even bigger grouping not mentioned- those that once lived in luxury homes (as kids or as aspiring adults) who no longer do and now live in varying degrees of dwellings.. Having worked in the auction business for several decades, I saw this happen too often- more often than not to those who earned quite large incomes but didn't save - anything..

Virginia Frog

Our 1,448 sq foot house in San Diego is now worth well over $ 600,000. Real estate is a different world out here.

sdj
House next door in Alexandria, VA (close-in DC suburb) in a nice neighborhood sold 3 years a ago for $1.1Mil (unfinished basement, 1930's house, old stand-alone garage, and with a '00s renovation.) Now that Amazon HQ2 is coming within 10 minutes...they could get $1.5 or better. Blows my mind.

I'm just doing nothing I don't need the cash- the taxes blow though. No tears for me!

Most people aspire to achieve a certain level of success in life. Some have been fortunate enough to

acquire that echelon through an inheritance. Others have succeed as the result of hard work mixed

with a smidgen of good fortune. Whatever your attainment of success embrace and enjoy your

accomplishment and count your blessings.