• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Losses of key contributors adds to the complexity of TCU's linebacker situation

Eight

On another area, sounds like Delton and Duggan would likely see playing time this year. Folks around the program describe it as a 1a and 1b choice, not 1 and 2. Give the history of the TCU roster, both will likely be needed.

i think the frogs have a senior quarterback who they believe can execute their offense efficiently with minimal chance of risk.

they also have a freshman quarterback who has more tools and has shown a very good understanding of what they want done with the ball in their offense, but still is fighting the tendency to force things.

i agree that odds are they will need both at various times this year though i am not sure injury will be the reason.

might sound like one of those art of war/ zen things talking about max becoming a starter, but i do think that the faster he masters the offense and doesn't try to force things, but uses his tools in the offense the sooner he becomes the starter.

balancing act is deciding when do you allow him chances to learn and when do you turn to the senior quarterback who you trust.

Eight

Too bad. I really was hoping this would work out. It would have been quite a story. Talk show host to college football super star.
hqdefault.jpg

still amazed that small a neck can hold up that sized head.

kidkarr

i think the frogs have a senior quarterback who they believe can execute their offense efficiently with minimal chance of risk.

they also have a freshman quarterback who has more tools and has shown a very good understanding of what they want done with the ball in their offense, but still is fighting the tendency to force things.

i agree that odds are they will need both at various times this year though i am not sure injury will be the reason.

might sound like one of those art of war/ zen things talking about max becoming a starter, but i do think that the faster he masters the offense and doesn't try to force things, but uses his tools in the offense the sooner he becomes the starter.

balancing act is deciding when do you allow him chances to learn and when do you turn to the senior quarterback who you trust.
I have always felt that we do a poor job of getting the backup qb (and other positions) quality reps in games when the opportunity is there. I know sometimes our starters need those reps, but so do the #2’s.

Eight

I have always felt that we do a poor job of getting the backup qb (and other positions) quality reps in games when the opportunity is there. I know sometimes our starters need those reps, but so do the #2’s.

if the frogs only played two quarterbacks for the bulk of the apb game, but the second quarterback was allowed to run the offense i would view it as a success.

i have heard some people talk about playing 3-4 quarterbacks and i don't want to see 4 quarterbacks.

delton needs reps in this offense, duggan needs reps in this offense, and what scraps are left over let the third play, but use this first game as a teaching opportunity.

Mean Purple

Heard elsewhere from a guy who folks listen to/read from on a forum that is on an internet ... that the situation is much as you just mentioned. Young qb still forcing it. It would be more touchdown passes, but more interceptions. Both can run. AD will throw td passes at a healthy number (based on what has been seen so far) but will have less interceptions (based on what has been seen so far). For the coaching staff, obviously the question is ... how many more td passes (if it happened) would warrant the more interceptions (if it happened).

either way, seems like we are in a good spot.

The Montrel Wilson loss hurts in way of leadership. He has battled so much that his stats have not been all that huge the past few seasons, but his leadership was big. And, who knows, could have had a great season. Sounds like there are some young players impressing folks.

Mean Purple

if the frogs only played two quarterbacks for the bulk of the apb game, but the second quarterback was allowed to run the offense i would view it as a success.

i have heard some people talk about playing 3-4 quarterbacks and i don't want to see 4 quarterbacks.

delton needs reps in this offense, duggan needs reps in this offense, and what scraps are left over let the third play, but use this first game as a teaching opportunity.
Reportedly, MD is getting the third most reps, but not too many more that JR. (in practice) I am guessing they mean with the 1s.