• The KillerFrogs

Total Dream Season Scenario

Wexahu

How many times have you?

None. Our coaches see them all play every day though. Suggesting they won’t have the “guts” to pick the best guy, the kid that gives us the best chance to win, is stupid.

So many people think they know who the best guy is and I just wonder how they know that.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Mensa to lose six games, have his lovely wife Bruno take to Twitter to defend her man, and see the full panoply of UT tearing itself apart as yet another Season Where They Were Going To Win It All evaporates into a deranged free-for-all of madness that only the denizens of Austin can truly pull off.

Oh, and Jimbo Fisher to miss a Bowl game. (Oh, the wailing! The gnashing of teeth!)

That is all.

FinanceFrog

we start the season 0-6. we are awful. haven’t even crossed the 50 all season and haven’t made the other team punt even once. attendance is terrible, everyone is disgruntled. i see the showgirls in the corridor before the game, i lock eyes with the most beautiful blonde. she comes onto me, strong. for the next week we are hot and heavy. the rest of the showgirls get jealous and try to steal me away with physical advances. all of their advances are successful. this continues throughout the 0-12 season. as the clock winds down on the final game all of them figure out that im with each of them. none of them ever talk to me again.

ticketfrog123

we start the season 0-6. we are awful. haven’t even crossed the 50 all season and haven’t made the other team punt even once. attendance is terrible, everyone is disgruntled. i see the showgirls in the corridor before the game, i lock eyes with the most beautiful blonde. she comes onto me, strong. for the next week we are hot and heavy. the rest of the showgirls get jealous and try to steal me away with physical advances. all of their advances are successful. this continues throughout the 0-12 season. as the clock winds down on the final game all of them figure out that im with each of them. none of them ever talk to me again.

Change your name to accountingfrog. You seem dull and you possibly drive a very large truck to overcompensate

TCU_91

Dream season;

Run through the conference,

Meet OU in conference game (because it won't be legitimate without beating them twice ).

Blow out Georgia in semi round 35 - 0. (SEC defense )

Destroy Bama 49 - 3 ( because again SEC defense) and Saba kick's a FG in the final minute (Loozing cheezy, to avoid a shut out).

I may just call it a game and have a heart attack.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Dream season;

Run through the conference,

Meet OU in conference game (because it won't be legitimate without beating them twice ).

Blow out Georgia in semi round 35 - 0. (SEC defense )

Destroy Bama 49 - 3 ( because again SEC defense) and Saba kick's a FG in the final minute (Loozing cheezy, to avoid a shut out).

I may just call it a game and have a heart attack.
*lozing

tcumaniac

None. Our coaches see them all play every day though. Suggesting they won’t have the “guts” to pick the best guy, the kid that gives us the best chance to win, is stupid.

So many people think they know who the best guy is and I just wonder how they know that.

I know more than you think I do.

And it’s more complicated than you give the situation credit for.

The coaches know that Duggan gives us the best possibility of a conference championship and beyond because his ceiling is SO much higher. They also know there’s more downside risk involved. You just never know how a freshmen is going to respond when they’re under the bright lights, playing in a real game. The coaches (especially our offensive coordinator that is very much on the hot seat) are a little gun shy to start another young QB after experiencing all the worst possible outcomes that can come from starting a young QB last year.

Delton is the safe option. He’s not going to win you a big 12 championship or get you a playoff birth, but he’s a pretty safe bet to get this team to 8-4 and maybe 9-3.

So yes. Starting Duggan over the 5th year senior that also happens to be a hell of a person and a hell of a leader does take some guts.

Wexahu

I know more than you think I do.

And it’s more complicated than you give the situation credit for.

The coaches know that Duggan gives us the best possibility of a conference championship and beyond because his ceiling is SO much higher. They also know there’s more downside risk involved. You just never know how a freshmen is going to respond when they’re under the bright lights, playing in a real game. The coaches (especially our offensive coordinator that is very much on the hot seat) are a little gun shy to start another young QB after experiencing all the worst possible outcomes that can come from starting a young QB last year.

Delton is the safe option. He’s not going to win you a big 12 championship or get you a playoff birth, but he’s a pretty safe bet to get this team to 8-4 and maybe 9-3.

So yes. Starting Duggan over the 5th year senior that also happens to be a hell of a person and a hell of a leader does take some guts.

That makes sense. You were just very matter of fact as to who should starting as if you know more about it than the coaches and they just might not have the guts to make the “right” decision. I’m confident they’ll have the guy out there who gives us the best chance to win.

tcumaniac

That makes sense. You were just very matter of fact as to who should starting as if you know more about it than the coaches and they just might not have the guts to make the “right” decision. I’m confident they’ll have the guy out there who gives us the best chance to win.

Fair enough. It's just more satisfying to make matter of fact statements on a message board.

Here's an interesting premise to complicate your statement that you're confident "they’ll have the guy out there who gives us the best chance to win."

I think one could argue that starting Delton gives us a better chance to go 6-0 than starting Duggan does.

BUT that Duggan gives us a better chance to go 12-0 than Delton does.

For those that don't understand this logic, here's an explanation: the 5th year senior with far more experience, but less super star potential is more likely to win our first 6 games against fairly beatable competition. The freshman would arguably have more ups and downs throughout the first 6 games and therefore a lower chance of getting to 6-0. But I think it's very reasonable to assume that our freshman after 6 games of starts will then be the better QB than our 5th year senior after 6 games of starts. His upside is so, so, so much higher. But game experience is crucial to get him to that point. Thankfully our schedule is very back loaded. Take advantage of this coaches. Please.

MTfrog5

Fair enough. It's just more satisfying to make matter of fact statements on a message board.

Here's an interesting premise to complicate your statement that you're confident "they’ll have the guy out there who gives us the best chance to win."

I think one could argue that starting Delton gives us a better chance to go 6-0 than starting Duggan does.

BUT that Duggan gives us a better chance to go 12-0 than Delton does.

For those that don't understand this logic, here's an explanation: the 5th year senior with far more experience, but less super star potential is more likely to win our first 6 games against fairly beatable competition. The freshman would arguably have more ups and downs throughout the first 6 games and therefore a lower chance of getting to 6-0. But I think it's very reasonable to assume that our freshman after 6 games of starts will then be the better QB than our 5th year senior after 6 games of starts. His upside is so, so, so much higher. But game experience is crucial to get him to that point. Thankfully our schedule is very back loaded. Take advantage of this coaches. Please.
Another factor to your point, I think playing at Purdue early favors Delton. If we were playing at home, Duggan would be more likely to get the start imo

asleep003

OU very well may not win the Conference... 10-2(7-2) or 9-3(6-3)
1) Though 8 returning starters on D, they were last in every D category.
2) With the great O last year, only 4 returning starters/plus Hurts.

They could very well lose their games from UT TCU ISU OSU or BU. Any
2, maybe 3 of these teams could also finish 7-2.

Be nice to have TCU and ISU in the CCG.