• The KillerFrogs

SMU = Transfer U

Moose Stuff

I’m not gonna lose any sleep over SMU stocking up in guys who mostly couldn’t play for other programs. Abercrombie and Buechele are about the only two who seem like they could be solid for them.

Bruce Berry

I sat next to Dykes on a flight a couple of weeks ago. Real nice guy.

I told him our offense suffered when he left-he laughed and said "they are doing just fine without me". Said all good things about TCU.

I did want to ask him why the scheiss he coached in the bowl game after he got hired at SMU but he was being gracious so I let it pass.

BleedNPurple

I think it’s a smart idea bringing. In guys who have been a part of bigger programs. Dykes has a good reputation and these guys will help his locker room grow up and toughen up faster. I expect them to be vastly improved this season and think we know better than to take them lightly!

ECM

I did want to ask him why the scheiss he coached in the bowl game after he got hired at SMU but he was being gracious so I let it pass.
I think Sonny saw that as a way to ingratiate himself with the team after they’d been abandoned by Chad Morris and 3/4 of the staff. Some team members were lobbying for then-assistant Jeff Traylor to get the job and were upset that he didn’t.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
IDK. But can you really look at me with a straight face and tell me you’d prefer Delton over Buechele?
Can you really look at me with a straight face and tell me why Buechele would pick SMU over a P5 school?

The assumption has to be there weren’t offers or, if there were, then he didn’t trust his ability to win the job.

Good luck this season. Hope you beat everyone not named TCU*.

*this isn’t true. Honestly other than losing to TCU I don’t care one bit what SMU does.

ECM

Can you really look at me with a straight face and tell me why Buechele would pick SMU over a P5 school?

The assumption has to be there weren’t offers or, if there were, then he didn’t trust his ability to win the job.
I don’t know what all went into his decision. I know he had a prior relationship with Dykes who had recruited him while at Cal. I also know he turned down multiple P5 opportunities at Arkansas, Duke, Ole Miss and Utah (among others I cant remember off the top of my head) to come to SMU.

You’ve got to pick one QB to win a game for are you — are you taking Alex Delton or Buechele?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I don’t know what all went into his decision. I know he had a prior relationship with Dykes who had recruited him while at Cal. I also know he turned down multiple P5 opportunities at Arkansas, Duke, Ole Miss and Utah (among others I cant remember off the top of my head) to come to SMU.

You’ve got to pick one QB to win a game for are you — are you taking Alex Delton or Buechele?
Sounds like he makes terrible decisions then.

Buechele couldn’t beat TCU when he had UT’s talent around him. I’m not scared in any way that he’s a threat with whatever it is that SMU is rolling out on the field.

ECM

Sounds like he makes terrible decisions then.

Buechele couldn’t beat TCU when he had UT’s talent around him. I’m not scared in any way that he’s a threat with whatever it is that SMU is rolling out on the field.
But you’d take him over Delton.

Froggish

I think it’s a smart idea bringing. In guys who have been a part of bigger programs. Dykes has a good reputation and these guys will help his locker room grow up and toughen up faster. I expect them to be vastly improved this season and think we know better than to take them lightly!

Working pretty well for UCF