• The KillerFrogs

Fall camp thread

Eight

Now I see what GP has been referring to on the speed of the receivers - he is not necessarily going on the straight line speed but the speed cuts coming out of the moves as happened in the Wed. scrimmage where the offense scored 2 TD's inside the red zone on 1st. down via passes. He doesn't like the offense putting it on his vaunted defense.

Now, once again I'm getting excited, and I said I wouldn't after my last August forecast of 10-2.

those first two steps are so critical be it a receiver come out of a break or off the line or as we were talking yesterday about a linebacker moving to fill a gap.

frogs may have more explosive slot receivers than i can recall who have that ability to explode out of a cut.

McGregor's Goat

I know it's a broken record, but UT is overrated. I'm taking the under on their projected 9.5 wins. They are on a hype train, but look at their wins last year:

Although I don't entirely agree with this, I have to admit it's a strong argument. I think the argument in favor of Texas is mostly: (1) Ehlinger is very good. (2) They recruit at an elite level.

I think UT may be slightly overrated this year but my general feeling is: First you win, then you get good (can't remember which coach said this). Texas got in the habit of winning last year, and they have plenty of talent and (I think) good coaching to keep it going.

TAINTed frog

Funny, your wife was begging me to stay the night last night
giphy.gif

4th. down

those first two steps are so critical be it a receiver come out of a break or off the line or as we were talking yesterday about a linebacker moving to fill a gap.

frogs may have more explosive slot receivers than i can recall who have that ability to explode out of a cut.

COACHING!

Last edited:

Eight

COACHING!

frogs could put together a pretty solid relay team back in high school with reagor, barkley, davis, and barber, but that video and the thought that someone is working to develop that type of talent is pretty freaking exciting to think about the possibilities.

sonny's two hires have arrived on campus with technical knowledge of their positions and if kelly gets out of the receivers what ct has with the offensive line i am willing to roll the dice on sonny finding a quarterback and the frogs having an offense that gives them a chance to compete in the big 12.

MTfrog5

462D333C-3540-42E1-93BF-3C90248B3EDD.jpeg
Although I don't entirely agree with this, I have to admit it's a strong argument. I think the argument in favor of Texas is mostly: (1) Ehlinger is very good. (2) They recruit at an elite level.

I think UT may be slightly overrated this year but my general feeling is: First you win, then you get good (can't remember which coach said this). Texas got in the habit of winning last year, and they have plenty of talent and (I think) good coaching to keep it going.
Sam has more TD’s and 12 interceptions compared to 16

4th. down

frogs could put together a pretty solid relay team back in high school with reagor, barkley, davis, and barber, but that video and the thought that someone is working to develop that type of talent is pretty freaking exciting to think about the possibilities.

sonny's two hires have arrived on campus with technical knowledge of their positions and if kelly gets out of the receivers what ct has with the offensive line i am willing to roll the dice on sonny finding a quarterback and the frogs having an offense that gives them a chance to compete in the big 12.

We may very well be heading in that direction - so far, you've got to like his 2 hires even though Kelly has not gone through 1 season yet but from what I've seen and heard, like Thomsen, he's a steal. Never, and going back a long, long way, have I ever seen a TCU receiver do what Barber did in that video that was deleted - now you see why they deleted it.

Ron Swanson

That's fine, I just vehemently disagree with that line of thinking. We've been there before. We need to seek and desire more. We have enough talent to demand better than that right now
It’s not that I’d be good with being 9-3 every season, I want to win Big 12 titles and eventually a national title... but this year when we have so much uncertainty at the QB position and I’m very worried that we will suck on offense again, I would take 9-3.

9-3 would go a lot further towards our future recruiting classes then 6-6 or 7-5.

We’re not winning the national title this year, so it’s all about building for the future. I want consistent good seasons with the occasional breakthrough season until we can establish ourselves higher in the recruiting pecking order.

Casey T

I’d take 9-3 if it came with a NY6 bowl. We’ve been screwed out of one after 10-2 and 10-3 seasons in both 2015 and 2017.

When you consider that Texas got a sugar bowl last year after a 9-4 season, as well as 9-3 Florida and 9-3 LSU getting a NY6 last year, it’s pretty annoying

nwlafrog

I’m not expecting a heisman season or a conference championship, but I’m thinking that Delton will definitely earn the chip after I’ve read through a lot of this thread. He has come over and shown some great leadership and solid work ethic.

I’m assuming that all of the doubt fuels his fire and stokes the flame under his arse quite a bit after being written off by so many......Hoping the same thing for our OC playcaller.

CryptoMiner

Barring major injuries 9-3 to me is almost a worst case scenario.

I think we go 6-0 to start including a win at Ames. To follow up 3-3 against Texas, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Tech, OU and WV would be a major let down.

OSU, Baylor, Tech and WV should be wins even without all the changes.

Texas is a win unless things just go south and OU is OU.

Even with a loss at Ames I think we get to 10-2, but 11-1 is not unrealistic and who knows what the teams will look like when TCU and OU finally matchup near the end.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Barring major injuries 9-3 to me is almost a worst case scenario.

I think we go 6-0 to start including a win at Ames. To follow up 3-3 against Texas, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Tech, OU and WV would be a major let down.

OSU, Baylor, Tech and WV should be wins even without all the changes.

Texas is a win unless things just go south and OU is OU.

Even with a loss at Ames I think we get to 10-2, but 11-1 is not unrealistic and who knows what the teams will look like when TCU and OU finally matchup near the end.

This is kinda where I’m at as well. I’ll always be worried about injuries/depth, but just look at the talent on this team..... DA, Sewo, Reagor, Niang, Ross, Bethley, Innis, Gladney, Lewis.....yeah, this team should win a lot of games if the QB is even just average and protects the ball.

MinFrog

I have been holding out hope for JR to get healthy and take the reigns. But I am starting to think Duggan starts the KU game and doesn't give up the job the rest of the year.

I think if Duggan and Delton are neck and neck, you give the nod to the kid with higher upside. If the college game slows down enough during the first three games for Max, then lets roll the dice and see if we can't get to 10 or 11 wins.