• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Gary Patterson tabs Alex Delton, freshman Max Duggan as front-runners in TCU's QB race

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: Gary Patterson tabs Alex Delton, freshman Max Duggan as front-runners in TCU's QB race

By Dean Straka , Sports Digital Editor
Contact Dean Straka on Twitter: @dwstraka49

FORT WORTH -- With less than three weeks to go until the start of TCU football's 2019 season, head coach Gary Patterson has seen enough separation in TCU's quarterback competition to narrow the field down to two.

Patterson refrained from naming a Week 1 starter after Wednesday's scrimmage, but said that Kansas State graduate transfer Alex Delton and freshman Max Duggan have emerged as frontrunners through the team's second week of fall camp.

"Really it's Alex and Max," Patterson said when asked about the competition. "Both of them right now -- I'm really excited about [them]."

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...reshman-max-duggan-front-runners-tcus-qb-race

McGregor's Goat

I have no idea how to interpret GP's enthusiasm for the QB situation. Part of me keeps thinking, "Delton already has plenty of experience, and we know that he just isn't very good. And Cumbie has inspired zero confidence as an OC." But this is the preseason, and I'm allowed to convince myself that the coaching staff reworked the offense, Delton is going to be reborn, and we're about to lay waste to everything in our path...

Leap Frog

Hope Floats...like a terd in a punch bowl.
That sounds like something T--d Ferguson would say-- did you ever run across him?:p
Just pulling your strings, doc, you are one great Frog fan.
All kidding aside, this article has me giddy and looking forward to the season.