• The KillerFrogs

Why TCU loses nearly every recruiting battle vs UT, OU, A$M, LSU, BAMA, GEORGIA, etc

Billy Clyde

you should go back - depending on how long ago you went, you would probably like Driggs more now - it has closed up some of the things it needed regarding actually living there vs visiting. You can live without lots of stuff for a week or two, not so much when you are there for 6 months. and they extended the Tetonia/Ashton trail now all the way from Driggs to Ashton.

There is a lot of national forest in west side of the Tetons - guessing you were in the west edge of Teton National Park. You can also go way up by Ashton and visitthe southwest entrance to Yellowstone - the one that doesn't connect to anything else but takes you to Cave Falls and Bechler Meadow trail. That is one of the best parts of the park for sure since it is barely used due to remoteness.

But yes, the Brommins store is really nice in Driggs. They are a IGA based chain of stores owned by a Mormon family that now has 5-6 stores in small towns like Driggs, Alpine, etc and even one in Idaho Falls. But that is why they are not open on Sundays also so you have to plan.

But Driggs has Teton Thai, Royal Wulff and Victor down the road has The Brakeman. Spoons and Knotty Pine so there are better choices now than ever.

However it has a lot more houses than it did 10 years ago - even some developments like Huntsman Springs. So that is the trade off - you get more people, you get more amenities.

Tetonia is probably more like the Driggs of old and only 15 miles away north in the valley. Trust me, I don't see being on the wrong side of the mountain as a bad thing - that is just what keeps prices down and tourists away. That and driving over Teton pass in the winter scares a lot of people evidently.

Funny, you pretty well nailed the time frame. Our trip was right about 9 years ago. One marker that is probably telling, they were just beginning to build and sell homes on the little golf course that is there by the highway where city hall is. I like to watch the real estate shows on cable, and a couple years ago I saw an episode of, "House Hunters," that had a Hollywood couple (both actors on soaps I never heard of) buying a house on that golf course.

What is the Tetonia/Ashton Trail? Is that another way to get to the other side of the Tetons? I honestly felt like it was no big deal to go over the Teton Pass daily from Driggs to do the stuff around Jackson- Incredibly beautiful drive, and total time around an hour to Jackson. Only issue was dodging the occasional elk to keep from wrecking the rent car! :)

jake102

A quote from a friend who lives in Montana:
"Montana women- The odds are good, but the goods are odd."

Billings is an interesting place. I assumed before I went that it would be a really pretty landscape surrounding the city... nope. Not very pretty and the "city" is tiny and sad. I did get Coors Light for $1.75 at the most "hip" bar in "downtown"

Billy Clyde

Billings is an interesting place. I assumed before I went that it would be a really pretty landscape surrounding the city... nope. Not very pretty and the "city" is tiny and sad. I did get Coors Light for $1.75 at the most "hip" bar in "downtown"

Missoula is *very* cool. University town. Very picturesque, good to great restaurants, beautiful river running right through downtown- We checked into our BNB and went out on the balcony to find two dudes fishing for browns right below our room. Also a great ski mountain just outside town -Snow Bowl. Shortest lines and driest powder I think I ever saw. Crazy-ass housing prices, though. California money, apparently.