• The KillerFrogs

Fall camp thread

LawFrog504

Before slandering and attacking me, I urge you to carefully consider my thesis here. I want Max Duggan to be our starting QB.

The biggest thing Delton supposedly has going for him is his experience and he doesn't turn the ball over. His throwing is severely limited. It's hard to believe good teams will let him burn them, and if this is the case we will have serious trouble moving the ball in the second half of the schedule. This feels eerily similar to the 17 offense and we saw those limitations- we had a true ceiling, and god forbid if we ever go down 17-7.

If our defense and pieces around the QB are truly as good as we think they are, we can get to 6-0 with Max. By that time, he's had half a season to get adjusted to the college game. Max can make throws that no QB on this roster can make and more importantly, makes throws that Reagor can run under and other teams will have to respect, taking pressure off the running game. Max gives this team a higher ceiling because of his arm and the throws he can make.

I want to swing for the fences with this roster. I will divorce my wife if we go 8-4, 9-3 and play in the Texas Bowl only to have 8 dudes get drafted in April. What's the point of that? Feels like a waste of a roster to me. Play the card that can potentially elevate the team to another level and take advantage of this absolutely loaded roster. I fully expect Delton to start but this is just what I would do. We'll see

Eight

Certainly, but stopping the run is not all about pounds at LB. More important factors exist

you are missing the point.

the concern is not a single game, but instead the cumulative effect of playing against down hill running teams week after week after week.

yes, i agree having the proper run fits, taking on blocks, heck lining up properly are all critical.

so is the impact of having to fight off 300+ lbers for 7 consecutive weeks which is how the frogs are going to finish this season.

there might not be any 240 lb backs during that 7 game stretch, but there are a number of 210-220 lb backs who those smaller linebackers are going to have to face.

frogs will need multiple players to step forward to hold up over that stretch.

Wexahu

Max can make throws that no QB on this roster can make and more importantly, makes throws that Reagor can run under and other teams will have to respect, taking pressure off the running game. Max gives this team a higher ceiling because of his arm and the throws he can make.

How many times have you seen Max play? Other than a highlight tape. In other words, how do you know all this?

LawFrog504

you are missing the point.

the concern is not a single game, but instead the cumulative effect of playing against down hill running teams week after week after week.

yes, i agree having the proper run fits, taking on blocks, heck lining up properly are all critical.

so is the impact of having to fight off 300+ lbers for 7 consecutive weeks which is how the frogs are going to finish this season.

there might not be any 240 lb backs during that 7 game stretch, but there are a number of 210-220 lb backs who those smaller linebackers are going to have to face.

frogs will need multiple players to step forward to hold up over that stretch.
I get all that. No one really disputes any of that. We've been here before

Putt4Purple

Take my word for it and you'll look way smarter at the end of iseptember

Uh Oh, you sound like a government lawyer. Red flags are flying! I won't be as long winded as you but I agree things are steering towards Max Duggan getting a lot of playing time this year. I think Delton will start as well and at some point if coach GP is comfortable starting MD he will get the opportunity if he does not make mistakes. So far Collins and Rogers are still limited due to their injuries. I'm anxious to see how it plays out. I as well as others are wanting to see what the QB kid can do, just don't act like you have seen it when no one has at this level. Your not in a courtroom, jeez!

Eight

I get all that. No one really disputes any of that. We've been here before

yes the frogs were here in 2015.

no real experience at linebacker and it showed as the frogs gave up over 4 yards a rush for the first time in a very long time with a gary patterson defense.

they also got bailed out 3 times that year by the offense in games the frogs scored 50+.

next year (2016) frogs again had some struggles in the front and again gave up over 4 yards a rush and ended the season unable to stop the georgia run game in memphis.

obviously this isn't a reason to panic, but to think that since the frogs have joined the big 12 they haven't a season or two where they struggled at linebacker and it impacted them just isn't right.

LawFrog504

Uh Oh, you sound like a government lawyer. Red flags are flying! I won't be as long winded as you but I agree things are steering towards Max Duggan getting a lot of playing time this year. I think Delton will start as well and at some point if coach GP is comfortable starting MD he will get the opportunity if he does not make mistakes. So far Collins and Rogers are still limited due to their injuries. I'm anxious to see how it plays out. I as well as others are wanting to see what the QB kid can do, just don't act like you have seen it when no one has at this level. Your not in a courtroom, jeez!
Is this a joke?

LawFrog504

yes the frogs were here in 2015.

no real experience at linebacker and it showed as the frogs gave up over 4 yards a rush for the first time in a very long time with a gary patterson defense.

they also got bailed out 3 times that year by the offense in games the frogs scored 50+.

next year (2016) frogs again had some struggles in the front and again gave up over 4 yards a rush and ended the season unable to stop the georgia run game in memphis.

obviously this isn't a reason to panic, but to think that since the frogs have joined the big 12 they haven't a season or two where they struggled at linebacker and it impacted them just isn't right.
What? I don't get why you keep reciting stats. We're on the same page

Moose Stuff

Before slandering and attacking me, I urge you to carefully consider my thesis here. I want Max Duggan to be our starting QB.

The biggest thing Delton supposedly has going for him is his experience and he doesn't turn the ball over. His throwing is severely limited. It's hard to believe good teams will let him burn them, and if this is the case we will have serious trouble moving the ball in the second half of the schedule. This feels eerily similar to the 17 offense and we saw those limitations- we had a true ceiling, and god forbid if we ever go down 17-7.

If our defense and pieces around the QB are truly as good as we think they are, we can get to 6-0 with Max. By that time, he's had half a season to get adjusted to the college game. Max can make throws that no QB on this roster can make and more importantly, makes throws that Reagor can run under and other teams will have to respect, taking pressure off the running game. Max gives this team a higher ceiling because of his arm and the throws he can make.

I want to swing for the fences with this roster. I will divorce my wife if we go 8-4, 9-3 and play in the Texas Bowl only to have 8 dudes get drafted in April. What's the point of that? Feels like a waste of a roster to me. Play the card that can potentially elevate the team to another level and take advantage of this absolutely loaded roster. I fully expect Delton to start but this is just what I would do. We'll see

You have ZERO idea if Delton’s passing is severely limited in OUR offense. Literally zero. I’ve been saying Duggan is our future for about a year but I’m not gonna judge Delton until he actually starts throwing passes for us in a game. I give zero [ Finebaum ]s what anyone on this forum thinks about him until then.

LawFrog504

You have ZERO idea if Delton’s passing is severely limited in OUR offense. Literally zero. I’ve been saying Duggan is our future for about a year but I’m not gonna judge Delton until he actually starts throwing passes for us in a game. I give zero [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s what anyone on this forum thinks about him until then.
Relax buddy, good god. Easy with the declarations too chief.

BankerFrog

You have ZERO idea if Delton’s passing is severely limited in OUR offense. Literally zero. I’ve been saying Duggan is our future for about a year but I’m not gonna judge Delton until he actually starts throwing passes for us in a game. I give zero [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]s what anyone on this forum thinks about him until then.
Well put, could not agree more. I think Duggan has the overall higher ceiling, but I'm not going to be quick about writing off Delton before we see him in this offense.

netty2424

Relax buddy, good god. Easy with the declarations too chief.
Chief-Marcel-Moody.jpg

Eight

one thing i am getting from this camp and this team is that what we see from tcu against apb isn't what we should expect by the end of the year which isn't a bad thing.

so much youth, so much raw talent, if it fits together it could be a 2014 type situation where this is a better team at the end than in the beginning.

Froggish

one thing i am getting from this camp and this team is that what we see from tcu against apb isn't what we should expect by the end of the year which isn't a bad thing.

so much youth, so much raw talent, if it fits together it could be a 2014 type situation where this is a better team at the end than in the beginning.

It weird how much GP seems so relaxed. He’s either really confident or going to drop the retirement bomb soon...