• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU continues fight with NCAA over Ohio State transfer Baldwin’s immediate eligibility

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU continues fight with NCAA over Ohio State transfer Baldwin’s immediate eligibility

By Drew Davison

TCU is taking the necessary steps to try and secure an immediate eligibility waiver for Ohio State transfer Matthew Baldwin.

The NCAA denied the initial waiver request earlier this month, and TCU and Baldwin’s family are in the process of appealing that decision.

The first step in that process is filing a reconsideration request to the NCAA, something that TCU intends to do by the end of the day Tuesday, sources close to the situation tell the Star-Telegram. This is a procedural step in the process of filing an appeal.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article233786087.html#storylink=cpy

Mean Purple

Yes to both. I can assure you it’s less taxing than in an actual court of appeals, which I have a bit of experience in.
PO,
When the kid or school files the appeal with NCAA, is it a team of lawyers on the other end weighing on that appeal, or a committee of folks like Condy Rice, Joe the Baker, etc.?

Austintxfrog94

r2HLdvy.gif

Frogmore

Yes to both. I can assure you it’s less taxing than in an actual court of appeals, which I have a bit of experience in.
Sorry for the tone. I have appellate practice experience and you're right it's not as complicated as that. But, I also have heard what the Baldwin family has done to try to make this thing happen. And, the no sense of urgency comment is so wrong. There's nothing TCU or the Baldwins would rather have than this waiver and the sooner the better.