• The KillerFrogs

ADJD’s BIG and NEW Game Day Announcements!

tcudoc

Better to grab 2!
giphy.gif

Surfrog

I have never seen a fan-base [ hundin] so much about conditions.

MOST stadiums have a no in-out policy. MOST stadiums sell beer.

"It's too hot" - It's hot at Florida, Clemson, Georgia, etc. They don't have an issue.

"It's too cold and raining" - It's cold at Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, etc. Doesn't seem to be a problem there.

In Jason Phillip's words - harden the scheiss up.

Maybe, just maybe, lose the extra 10lbs of insulation you have, be more hydrated, find shade in the concourse if you're hot.

Maybe wear a hat, gloves, and a magical black jacket (if you can find one) if it's cold.

If you feel like you have heat exhaustion from sitting in the sun, go to the hospital. People do pass out on gamedays from not being hydrated enough and/or drinking too much. It's a real issue - be smart, drink water, wear a ball cap, sunglasses, and a light-colored shirt.

If you want to tailgate in the parking lot and listen to the game, that's fine. Just don't waste your seat. Majority of the crowd not coming in until 15 minutes AFTER kickoff and then leaving for a beer at halftime wrecked the atmosphere. Coaches and players were pissed. If you want to tailgate, fine but stay your ass there and don't waste a seat in the stadium.

Signed - a retired player.

Dogfrog

I can see half my tailgate doing this just for the in/out at halftime privilege.

Guess I missed the in out privilege part. Where does it say that?Just because the ticket is electronic doesn’t mean it’s not locked upon first entry?

Edit: on second thought guess you are saying this would be an extra ticket used only for reentry. That would be really dumb. What’s next? Scalpers in the parking lot at halftime?

Last edited:

tcumaniac

Guess I missed the in out privilege part. Where does it say that?Just because the ticket is electronic doesn’t mean it’s not locked upon first entry?
In order to get back into the stadium after leaving, you have to have a new, un-scanned ticket to be let back in.

His premise is that people will use their main season ticket to enter the game the first time, and then use this mobile pass ticket to enter a second time after leaving the stadium at half time. Then they'll just go back to their normal seat.

Dogfrog

In order to get back into the stadium after leaving, you have to have a new, un-scanned ticket to be let back in.

His premise is that people will use their main season ticket to enter the game the first time, and then use this mobile pass ticket to enter a second time after leaving the stadium at half time. Then they'll just go back to their normal seat.

Yea, thanks. I just added an edit to my post.

LeagueCityFrog

I don't have any issues with any of these 'new for 2019' announcements. I hope it makes our in the stadium atmosphere like Utah 2009 was, but for every home game in 2019.

TCU needs to just keep winning, which we will, and the fanbase will keep growing. LSU has 100,000 in their stadium on gameday, and concurrently 100,000 that stays outside and tailgates the whole game. Just keep growing the fanbase and we can definitely get 50k inside the Carter and 50k outside tailgating if they so choose.

Go Frogs!

Wexahu

I have no idea why people are so hell bent on leaving the stadium at halftime. There are 6 or 7 home football games a year that last about 3.5 hours each. People can stand in a driveway with their friends and eat and drink with music playing literally any time they want to. I get that it's at a football game with a whole bunch of other fans and it can be a hell of a lot of fun, but how that can be better than sitting in a stadium watching the team play a actual real live football game is beyond me. People's priorities are scheissing weird.

LoudFrog

I have no idea why people are so hell bent on leaving the stadium at halftime. There are 6 or 7 home football games a year that last about 3.5 hours each. People can stand in a driveway with their friends and eat and drink with music playing literally any time they want to. I get that it's at a football game with a whole bunch of other fans and it can be a hell of a lot of fun, but how that can be better than sitting in a stadium watching the team play a actual real live football game is beyond me. People's priorities are scheissing weird.
It is OK to not understand. It is just a different perspective. There is nothing wrong with the people that want to stay at the tailgate. Our games are not sold out and there is not a demand for tickets. They are different fans, not necessarily better fans

Peacefrog

Degenerate
It would be great if people would stay in the stadium from kickoff to final whistle and support the team as much as possible. But people are free to do as they wish with their money and support. I’m not going to tell them they are better or worse for their choices. For example, is a guy that donates $500,000 to the program but never sets foot inside the stadium better or worse for the program than someone who buys the cheapest seat and stays in the stadium for the whole game?

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
It would be great if people would stay in the stadium from kickoff to final whistle and support the team as much as possible. But people are free to do as they wish with their money and support. I’m not going to tell them they are better or worse for their choices. For example, is a guy that donates $500,000 to the program but never sets foot inside the stadium better or worse for the program than someone who buys the cheapest seat and stays in the stadium for the whole game?
I’m one of those guys but I won’t say which one.