• The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: Plumbing Patterson for preseason practice updates

Gil LeBreton

PressBox DFW: Plumbing Patterson for preseason practice updates

By GIL LeBRETON
PressBoxDFW.com

The NCAA – no wagering, please – announced last week that it will not mandate standard injury reports during the upcoming college football season.

TCU head coach Gary Patterson, as expected, is all in favor of that decision.

“I’m the Belichick way,” Patterson assured. “Say nothing . . , right?”

Read more at: https://www.pressboxdfw.com/plumbing-patterson-for-preseason-practice-updates/

tcudoc

I think it was a reference to pants hitching and plumber pants.
source.gif

tcudoc

Great SNL skit.

I miss when SNL was not about political party bashing. I miss the creativity mixed in with political satire that was weekend update. Point and Counter Point was hilarious with Dan Aykroyd and Jane Curtain.
The SNL news the last few years has become unwatchable. Those two guys are so unfunny. The only parody news guy less funny is Trevor Noah. How did he get that job?
I recall back when Jon Stewart didn't take himself so seriously and the Daily Show was hilarious. Then, Stewart decided he was going to insert his political opinion into the show and he became very hard to watch. But he still had a few funny moments. I cannot recall anything funny that Trevor Noah has ever done. Colbert used to be funny as well, even though he was making a mockery of the Republicans by pretending he was one in an over the top and absurd way, he was still entertaining. I have not watched his new show even a single time, but I suspect that him shedding the Colbert Report persona that made him funny has not translated well. Kind of like taking Carrot Top, a prop comic, and having him star in a movie where he is forbidden from using props.

Last edited:

SuperBarrFrog

The SNL news the last few years has become unwatchable. Those two guys are so unfunny. The only parody news guy less funny is Trevor Noah. How did he get that job?
I recall back when Jon Stewart didn't take himself so seriously and teh Daily Show was hilarious. Then, Stewart decided he was going to insert his political opinion into the show and he became very hard to watch. But he still had a few funny moments. I cannot recall anything funny that Trevor Noah has ever done. Colbert used to be funny as well, even though he was making a mockery of the Republicans by pretending he was one in an over the top and absurd way, he was still entertaining. I have not watched his new show even a single time, but I suspect that him shedding the Colbert Report persona that made him funny has not translated well. Kind of like taking Carrot Top, a prop comic, and having him star in a movie where he is forbidden from using props.

I loved the daily show even when Craig Kilborn hosted the show. When John took over he had to win me over big time. He did, and then became so good; one of the best late night hosts ever. Now he stands up for first responders and forces govt to actually make a difference. Gotta love him.

tcudoc

I loved the daily show even when Craig Kilborn hosted the show. When John took over he had to win me over big time. He did, and then became so good; one of the best late night hosts ever. Now he stands up for first responders and forces govt to actually make a difference. Gotta love him.
I looked at that as, finally, he did something I can get behind. I am not a fan, even though there was a time when I watched him almost every night. He then made the show about his views instead of worrying about trying to make it funny. In doing so, I believe he alienated 50% of his audience. Trevor Noah took the same approach right off the bat...plus, he's not funny.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I looked at that as, finally, he did something I can get behind. I am not a fan, even though there was a time when I watched him almost every night. He then made the show about his views instead of worrying about trying to make it funny. In doing so, I believe he alienated 50% of his audience. Trevor Noah took the same approach right off the bat...plus, he's not funny.
When Jon Stewart hosted the Daily Show I knew I had something to watch most nights at 10:30. This Trevor Noah version is terrible. His humor seems so forced. I came across a Trevor Noah stand up special on Netflix - I can’t imagine how terrible that has to be. It’s sad the Daily Show isn’t still a thing worth watching.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Kilborn was awesome for so long. Haven’t heard from him since he drove off that bridge and killed Jeremy Pivens though.

SuperBarrFrog

Kilborn was awesome for so long. Haven’t heard from him since he drove off that bridge and killed Jeremy Pivens though.

He was great. He invented 5 questions I believe. That show was so good when it started which made it crazy that it got even better. I agree though; I used to watch all the time and never do now.

Leap Frog

Good article and makes you feel great about the season.
Also, if you are reading this, scroll down to the baseball story "Churns" on the right side.
You will read a real upbeat bit with Schloss providing fine outlook for 2020 season.
TCU is going to have some sports year-- come on basketball and join the fun.

BABYFACE

I like that he is standing up for first responders of 911. I would also like if he would extend that to police everywhere in our country that come under attack from those with agendas.

Dman890

I like that he is standing up for first responders of 911. I would also like if he would extend that to police everywhere in our country that come under attack from those with agendas.

Agendas such as calling out instances when police have performed poorly? When are we going to have room for nuance in this country, where calling out bad police isn’t attacking ALL police.

Sorry for getting baited into replying but there were one too many bad takes in a row.

BABYFACE

Agendas such as calling out instances when police have performed poorly? When are we going to have room for nuance in this country, where calling out bad police isn’t attacking ALL police.

Sorry for getting baited into replying but there were one too many bad takes in a row.

No sir.

When a police officer behaves badly, then yes, they should be dealt with. Fired, or jail depending on the offense. I have no problem with that. The issue is when certain activists villainize all police and create mistrust for the police is not good for anybody. Unless, you prefer anarchy.

Why would anyone want to a police officer in today’s misguided social climate?

I was not trying to bait anybody.

Purp

I don't know anybody who would criticize honest critiques of bad policing behavior. Abuse of power is a terrible thing and I don't know anybody who would disagree.

The issue is when we often see a rushed assumption of bad policing behavior to later find out the cop/s didn't do anything wrong. That assumption that the police were wrong when they weren't actually is an attack on all police. Especially when it's repeated ad nauseam in media for days with no honest attempts to correct the record after all facts are known. That trend creates a phalanx of skeptics prone to give police benefit of the doubt when they may not deserve it. It's the boy who cried wolf applied to politicians and media regarding police behavior.

I suspect the authors of all those "bad takes in a row" wouldn't hesitate to criticize a cop who abused his power for any reason. Strangely, it seems you wouldn't be as willing to support a cop who deserved it unless there were a political advantage to doing so.

Raw Frog

Patterson will use this sect of Belichekinese sometime during the season:
"Look, for us, it is what it is out there....So whatever it is, it is".....