• The KillerFrogs

Fyi

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
You rarely see a men’s athletic shoe that has purple on the color scheme so I thought I’d toss this one out here

https://www.hokaoneone.com/mens-fit...rva&utm_source=US_Broadcast&start=9&cgid=sale

If you’ve never worn Hokas before, they exceed comfort expectations and are very sturdy

I won’t wear any other brand including Nike or any of the others

I swear by ‘ em

Anyway I’m not here to sell shoes but these are the best on the market in my humble opinion

frogs9497

I’ve seen a lot of people wearing these lately, mostly in casual settings. The company is on-running. Are they actually good for running or just the “in” shoe?

I have a different pair of On-Running shoes, and like them. Not quite as good as my usual Mizuno Prophecys for the gym, but they've held up well and provide ample cushion. They also look sharp. Especially good for travel because they're very light.

netty2424

I have a different pair of On-Running shoes, and like them. Not quite as good as my usual Mizuno Prophecys for the gym, but they've held up well and provide ample cushion. They also look sharp. Especially good for travel because they're very light.
I own a pair of On’s as well. They are very comfortable, but feel a little squishy to me on a jog. The pair I have are a little older so the sole looks less rigid than the link someone pasted above. Good quality shoe though.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
My wife has a pair and loves them

flyfishingfrog

I loved my ON shoes when I first got them - bought like 3 pairs I liked them so much.

Less impressed now with how poorly they handled not even daily use - I would guess that I wore my favorite pair 2 days a week on average and the others 1 day a week. After a year or so the ones I wear the most look terrible and have broken down much more than even my basic ASICS have the past.

And the ones that I wear 1 day a week are just showing their age when really I have only worn them 40-50 days - They definitely made some major trade offs in durability to achieve the reduced weight

And they are terrible on gravel - the soles were 100% made for solid surfaces and the soles seem to collect any small rock or pebble that you come across.

if you just want athletic shoes to wear on a daily basis in FtW - they are great.

If you are looking for a shoe to perform in the outdoors during sports or on trails - buy more than 1 pair at a time or look elsewhere.

don

You rarely see a men’s athletic shoe that has purple on the color scheme so I thought I’d toss this one out here

https://www.hokaoneone.com/mens-fit...rva&utm_source=US_Broadcast&start=9&cgid=sale

If you’ve never worn Hokas before, they exceed comfort expectations and are very sturdy

I won’t wear any other brand including Nike or any of the others

I swear by ‘ em

Anyway I’m not here to sell shoes but these are the best on the market in my humble opinion

Do you need to adjust the size or pretty standard? Think I wanna join the club.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I loved my ON shoes when I first got them - bought like 3 pairs I liked them so much.

Less impressed now with how poorly they handled not even daily use - I would guess that I wore my favorite pair 2 days a week on average and the others 1 day a week. After a year or so the ones I wear the most look terrible and have broken down much more than even my basic ASICS have the past.

And the ones that I wear 1 day a week are just showing their age when really I have only worn them 40-50 days - They definitely made some major trade offs in durability to achieve the reduced weight

And they are terrible on gravel - the soles were 100% made for solid surfaces and the soles seem to collect any small rock or pebble that you come across.

if you just want athletic shoes to wear on a daily basis in FtW - they are great.

If you are looking for a shoe to perform in the outdoors during sports or on trails - buy more than 1 pair at a time or look elsewhere.

I’ve been very happy with my Hokas and have 3-4 pair including their trail shoes which. Are great but my current faves are the ones I gave the link to. Very comfortable