• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Frog-in-law1995

1740837.gif

As someone on here said once, "It's like watching recess."

This may not be the thread for you guys.

Chongo94

Wow. Fascinating.
Wow....Picks were made before I knew about it. That’s ‘uuuuuge (and seriously dents their League hopes) if he’s out for any extended period.

@Purp, apparently Allison was helped off with a “calf injury,” and Klopp won’t know the extent until his scans are done tomorrow. Apparently, their only fit keeper is some dude named Adrian, just signed from West Ham.

Edit: What @Chongo94 said.

Yeah, I didn’t get to see the injury but heard it on the radio. Adrian isn’t bad at all, but he’s no Alisson. We’ll see what they say after the scans.

Chongo94

"You have to call it." No, Anton Chigurh will not come visit you with a cattle gun if you're incorrect.

Champions: Liverpool.
CL Places: City, Spurs, Chelsea
Europa League: Arsenal, Wolves
"Everton Trophy" (7th): West Ham
Relegated: Newcastle, Brighton, Sheffield United.

Footy is back!

Champs: Man City
CL Places: Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal
Europa: Chelsea, Leicester
“Everton Trophy”: Anyone of Wolves, Everton, or West Ham
Relegated: Newcastle, The Blades, Burnley.

Purp

Wow....Picks were made before I knew about it. That’s ‘uuuuuge (and seriously dents their League hopes) if he’s out for any extended period.

@Purp, apparently Allison was helped off with a “calf injury,” and Klopp won’t know the extent until his scans are done tomorrow. Apparently, their only fit keeper is some dude named Adrian, just signed from West Ham.

Edit: What @Chongo94 said.
Had a game tonight. GM of our club is an huge Liverpool supporter. He's really worried. Said it was a non-contact deal where he kicked a free kick and as he extended his leg on the follow through fell to the floor as if someone had clipped him from behind. Sounds pretty serious.

Chongo94

I’m not an anti-City guy or anything, and it might be neat to see them three peat and I certainly like them far far and away above United but geez, they really do suck some of the fun out of any title race.

Last edited:

Chongo94

This pick not looking so hot on early returns.

One game. We’ll see how it shakes out. Only races worth watching this season are the relegation race and positions 2-7. Was pretty surprised by that though. Really hoping Southampton does better than that the rest of the way.

Last edited:

Purp

One game. We’ll see how it shakes out. Only races worth watching this season are the relegation race and positions 2-7. Was pretty surprised by that though. Really hoping Southampton does better than that the rest of the way.
I'm not ready yet to concede the trophy to City yet. It's a long season and a lot will happen between now and then. I still think Liverpool are going to have a say in things and I was really shocked by what I saw from Spurs too.

I hadn't seen them that aggressive in maybe ever and they did it without Son and Dele Alli the entire match and Eriksen until the last half hour or so. Granted, it was a newly promoted Villa they did it against, but Villa played incredibly well in defense the entire match and they got several unbelievable saves from Heaton. There were at least 3 saves he made that I have no idea even watching replays how he stopped them.

I was really impressed by Ndombele. The first half he showed flashes, but seemed to drift in and out of the game a bit. The 2nd half tactical adjustments moved him into more of a wide position and he was involved in nearly every play after that. Eriksen came in and did Eriksen things, but Spurs were on the front foot for 15-20 minutes already before he came on. Lamela was very strong, Lucas Mora had a very active match. Walker-Peters was also damn impressive at right back. I expected that spot to look unsettled for a while with Trippier's departure, but the exact opposite was true. And Aurier may be the guy who sees more time there, but it's great to know there is quality depth for that position.

I don't want to sound too much like a sunshine and rainbows fan girl; there is clearly a lot that needs to be cleaned up and improved upon. But I come away from that performance with a lot more optimism than I expected given the names who were left out. Truthfully, my main worry now is that the club will take the positive individual performances from the weekend and decide that Eriksen is expendable given the depth behind him. I think it would be a grievous mistake to let go of the most creative play-maker in the squad, but I understand why it's a consideration.

Chongo94

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49335062

Am I think only one who thinks this is a mistake? Not because she's female, but because she did a pretty poor job in the Women's WC Final between the USWNT and Netherlands. I can't imagine this will go well.

I haven’t seen her ref. I’ve seen that woman in the Bundesliga though and she’s great! Probably should’ve gone with her over this French league ref as it does seem many commented on how poor the women’s WC was officiating wise.