• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Mike Collins' injury is the latest question mark in TCU's QB battle

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
DMN: Mike Collins' injury is the latest question mark in TCU's QB battle

By Dean Straka , Sports Digital Editor
Contact Dean Straka on Twitter: @dwstraka49

FORT WORTH -- TCU's quarterback room was already among the nation's most complicated entering fall camp. Just more than a week into August, another dose of uncertainty has now made its way in.

Junior quarterback Mike Collins did not practice in the Horned Frogs' scrimmage Saturday due to an undisclosed lower-body injury, head coach Gary Patterson told reporters after practice. Patterson said it was too early to know the extent of the injury, though Collins was seen walking off the field wearing a medical boot.

"We have to figure out Mike," Patterson said. "He didn't do anything today because he's in a boot. We have to find out about the foot."

Read more at https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...ttle-cb-noah-daniels-surgery?tab=conversation

ThisIsOurTime

Well, that will simplify the quarterback decision a little bit with this so close to the season opener. On the bright side, this injury didn't happen Week 1 and now some of the other QBs can get some extra snaps. I think Duggan needs to be ready to go.

tcudoc

Junior quarterback Mike Collins did not practice in the Horned Frogs' scrimmage Saturday due to an undisclosed lower-body injury, head coach Gary Patterson told reporters after practice. Patterson said it was too early to know the extent of the injury, though Collins was seen walking off the field wearing a medical boot.
"We have to figure out Mike," Patterson said. "He didn't do anything today because he's in a boot. We have to find out about the foot."
Undisclosed?

jake102

It amazes me how few people on both of the TCU boards have a grasp on what the reality of our QB situation is. It’s like the information is all there but you either can’t or don’t want to comprehend it. Not really a response to anything in this thread, just a general observation.

My only question at this point is how much of the info on Delton’s passing abilities is smoke screen. He is the starter, that’s all but done.

PO Frog

It amazes me how few people on both of the TCU boards have a grasp on what the reality of our QB situation is. It’s like the information is all there but you either can’t or don’t want to comprehend it. Not really a response to anything in this thread, just a general observation.
Seems to me that it's probably a good thing we got Delton because he and Duggan are literally the only two healthy enough to play right now. I'm guessing the Baldwin denial was a kick in the nuts for the staff, if only because it would have been nice to have another body competing. Although he wouldnt even be ready to go until this coming week or next. No Bueno IMO

Froggish

Actually that’s a response to pretty much everything in this thread

BABYFACE

Yep.

Given what experience I have on the internet, I would actually be more amazed if there was something closer to universal comprehension than I am by the widespread misunderstanding or disregard of the information that has been provided.

Frogmore

Here's hoping Collins will be okay. Let's hope so. We don't need to be down to two. Keep in mind, Baldwin's appeal should be in by the end of the week. Hopefully, the NCAA will wake up on that ridiculous decision and Baldwin can get into the mix by the Purdue game.