• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘It’s not a money grab.’ TCU AD Donati goes in-depth on beer sales, in-and-out policy

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
‘It’s not a money grab.’ TCU AD Donati goes in-depth on beer sales, in-and-out policy

By Drew Davison

TCU athletic director Jeremiah Donati has received plenty of feedback in the 48 hours since he announced beer would be available at Amon G. Carter Stadium this fall.

“I’d say 95 percent has been very, very positive,” Donati said. “Our fans are really appreciative that we’ve tried to find ways to improve their experience. I’ve gotten a lot of feedback through email, Twitter, Facebook … overall it’s extremely positive thus far.”

The No. 1 complaint, though, has centered on TCU eliminating its popular in-and-out policy. Fans are no longer allowed to re-enter the stadium once they’ve left.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article233657602.html#storylink=cpy

There are few venues that publicly display the loyalty and zeal that a university enjoys from its fans more than those

exhibited at sporting events. It is therefore incumbent for an AD to do everything within his power to promote and

enhance that public image.

Putt4Purple

I am a fan of Donati. A lot of spoiled whiners who have had the best of both worlds. TCU football and socializing. Only now the choice is before and after football games for the socializing.
On a side note: I cannot understand the need to choose between drinking and football. It never has been difficult for me. I go to support the football team. Good bad or ugly. A beer may come before or afterwards. I never felt it an absolute right to drink a beer at anytime during the game outside the gates, then go back inside. Again I say spoiled!!!

CountryFrog

I'm not baggin' on the Athetic department for the beer sales at games. But to say that a $7 beer isn't a "money grab" borders on being absurd! Just like $4 for a 52 cent bottle of water isn't a money grab.
They actually offer free water at the stadium. Is selling nachos a money grab? Is it a money grab to sell t-shirts? Is it a money grab to charge people for their seat in the stadium? Is tuition a money grab?

It costs money to get things.

Ron Swanson

I'm not baggin' on the Athetic department for the beer sales at games. But to say that a $7 beer isn't a "money grab" borders on being absurd! Just like $4 for a 52 cent bottle of water isn't a money grab.
I mean yes they’re trying to make money, just as any entity would, but as far as ballpark beer prices go, $7 for a 16 oz beer is very reasonable. They could’ve charged more and probably made more money. I don’t think $7 is the equilibrium price for max profits.

smufrogger

I am a fan of Donati. A lot of spoiled whiners who have had the best of both worlds. TCU football and socializing. Only now the choice is before and after football games for the socializing.
On a side note: I cannot understand the need to choose between drinking and football. It never has been difficult for me. I go to support the football team. Good bad or ugly. A beer may come before or afterwards. I never felt it an absolute right to drink a beer at anytime during the game outside the gates, then go back inside. Again I say spoiled!!!
I’m an old east Aider who s near heat exhaustion by the half and I go out to the car not to drink but to sit in my car with the ac on full blast so I can recuperate from the heat