• The KillerFrogs

Fall camp thread

CryptoMiner

I'm hearing solid rumors our old TCU offensive playbook of the last couple of years has now been trashed and Gary is having Sonny Cumbie install Art Briles' 2013 and 2014 offense to match Gary's anticipated high octane defense this year.

Think about that for a second, Art Briles offense at its peak, Baylor destroyed OU by about 3+ touchdowns in both 2013 and 2014 AND Gary's sick defense that's coming.

I hope this is true. It is a simplified and effective offense to run. One note that I've notice since Doug Meacham has left. Sonny subs out receivers too much. By doing this, by rule, the defense is allowed to counter substitute and that defeats the purpose of our offense pacing out our opponent's defense. Meacham did not do this as much unless he wasn't wanting to go fast on a particular play.

My vote let the 3 to 4 starting receivers run 3 to 6 plays in a row before substituting and that should be the maximum fast needed and should just kill the opponent's defensive line with exhaustion.

Another observation of Art and his offense during those apex years. He was always cool and calm on the sidelines with his offensive players and so was his son little tape fingers. Meacham wearing his sunglasses at night while drinking his red bull on the sidelines during our games was the same way. There is a value in keeping offensive players locked in and loose. Boykin never played up tight.

Go Frogs and no more Fall camp injuries.

I think a big season for us Frog fans is coming.

Patterson mentioned the TEs stepping it up so not sure how reliable your source is. Sounds like something that isn't quite right and doubtful they would begin installing a new offense in the fall without at least some steps towards that direction in the spring and that did not happen.