• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Duggan given fair shot to win TCU starting QB job

CountryFrog

Would be nice but assuming we are healthy I think we can win the first 4 with a QB competition going on..We will be favorites in every one of those games. That includes Purdue..Maybe I’m over confident but I think we are a much better program then Purdue and if we’re not then I don’t think we even sniff another Big12 title
There's no doubt that we're a better PROGRAM than Purdue right now. I think even 90% of Purdue fans would acknowledge that. But that has no bearing on whether or not we will be the better TEAM on that one Saturday in Lafayette, IN.

Just like it had no bearing on that one Saturday last year in Lawrence, KS.

Frog-in-law1995

There's no doubt that we're a better PROGRAM than Purdue right now. I think even 90% of Purdue fans would acknowledge that. But that has no bearing on whether or not we will be the better TEAM on that one Saturday in Lafayette, IN.

???
Being the better program has a tremendous bearing on being the better team on any given Saturday.

Froggish

We are certainly capable of losing at Purdue just like we did at Kansas but we shouldn’t. If we are the kind of program we think we are that should be a dub.

CountryFrog

???
Being the better program has a tremendous bearing on being the better team on any given Saturday.
Yes if you're reading that totally literal then obviously the better program usually also has the better team.

The point is that in any one game, simply being the better program has no actual tangible impact on the game itself other than it probably means you have more overall talent. I'm simply objecting to the idea that a single game in September against Purdue may be a referendum on the entire program and the chances of competing for Big 12 titles in upcoming seasons.

I obviously think we SHOULD beat Purdue and think we probably will but if it doesn't happen then I'm not going to freak out about the state of the program. Although I know many people will. Hopefully we never have to cross that bridge though.

netty2424

Totally agree... we certainly should have our # 1 and 2 lined up and ready by the SMU game, and if not, no later than the KU kick off.
I don’t think it’s a big stretch to assume Delton and Collins are really the only two that have a shot here. So by that metric, there’s your 1 and 2, if I had to guess.

Sure Duggan will get some garbage time reps just like SR did, but if they can stay healthy, I’d also expect Duggan to red shirt.

asleep003

I don’t think it’s a big stretch to assume Delton and Collins are really the only two that have a shot here. So by that metric, there’s your 1 and 2, if I had to guess.

Sure Duggan will get some garbage time reps just like SR did, but if they can stay healthy, I’d also expect Duggan to red shirt.
Agree, Collins and Delton.... GP isn't going to let either Fr take over this fall with a Sr and a Jr, both already having quality starts in hand.... unless one of those Fr has an unusually brilliant camp over the rest..