• The KillerFrogs

Will this be the Big12s most competitive season?

Froggish

Really looking like this could be the Big12s most competitive season since we joined?

I think OU drops back to the pack, TX is overrated due to their defensive losses. TCU and ISU are loaded with upperclassmen and good coaches. BAY and OSU have talent and will score a bunch of points to upset some teams.

Anyone else think that the two teams in Big12 championship game will both have 2 losses?

As far as I can tell, TCU and ISU will be the only teams putting proven defensive commodities on the field.

BedfordFrog68

Until OU loses two or three Big 12 games, it's Oklahoma and the poor boys....The best competition might be for second place...three or four teams are about equal....

Zubaz

There's really only one bad team in the conference, and it's the team that we always struggle against anyway. Every game will be a challenge.

Froggish

I have no idea who OU plays in OOC, but I would expect them to have 1 or 0 losses.

So you believe Riley will continue to churn out pro QBs and Pro OL?...I think that run ends at some point. Don’t get me wrong, they are still the favorite in my eyes but at some point the injury bug and/or less than stellar QB play is going to bring them back to reality. I think it’s this year.

SuperBarrFrog

So you believe Riley will continue to churn out pro QBs and Pro OL?...I think that run ends at some point. Don’t get me wrong, they are still the favorite in my eyes but at some point the injury bug and/or less than stellar QB play is going to bring them back to reality. I think it’s this year.

I said the same thing to myself 10 years ago about Saban.

Froggish

I said the same thing to myself 10 years ago about Saban.

2 years does not make you Saban...He could very well turn out to be that good but Saban was a hell of a coach before landing in Tuscaloosa. I hope for TCUs sake he doesn’t turn out to be that good. People already disrespect the Big12 as a 1 team conference and playing for second place every year seems really disappointing

SuperBarrFrog

2 years does not make you Saban...He could very well turn out to be that good but Saban was a hell of a coach before landing in Tuscaloosa. I hope for TCUs sake he doesn’t turn out to be that good. People already disrespect the Big12 as a 1 team conference and playing for second place every year seems really disappointing
Never said that makes him Saban. Hopefully he will be in the nfl soon. Even if he sticks around and is as good as Saban, he can still be beaten. People respect the Big 12 if they win championships. SeC has been basically a one team league for awhile and they are fine.

Froggish

Never said that makes him Saban. Hopefully he will be in the nfl soon. Even if he sticks around and is as good as Saban, he can still be beaten. People respect the Big 12 if they win championships. SeC has been basically a one team league for awhile and they are fine.

Clemson’s dominance has not created any more respect for the ACC..It is considered Clem and a bunch of average football teams. There are plenty of people who talk about the B12 the same way

Limp Lizard

So we really don't belong in this conference with the "big guys"? Oh, we have to play OU again...boo hoo. It that is our attitude we need to join the AAC...or maybe go to FCS?

Clemson’s dominance has not created any more respect for the ACC..It is considered Clem and a bunch of average football teams. There are plenty of people who talk about the B12 the same way

Not true. ACC was on the brink of the perception of what the Pac12 is going through now. They were the laughing stock of the P5. How people forget. Just by you saying this shows you how winning a championship can change a perception of a conference.

We really don't know how good WVU or KSU is. Looking at recruiting seems Kansas is going to be a tougher team to beat. And for that matter they did beat TCU last year so they do have talent to even win now. Texas Tech has been making great decisions when it comes to hiring, we dont know yet how they will look under Wells. They sure have a QB which is huge.

MAcFroggy

This should be a really fun year to be a big 12 fan. It might not be a great league from an outsiders perspective (maybe no CFP team), but as a fan of one of the schools it should be great. I think there will be a lot of teams vying for the second spot at the CCG in Arlington. It could potentially come down to a tiebreaker situation for the spot.

OU and UT are starting to recruit even better than they have in a long time, and (unfortunately) I think both of their coaches are good. Riley might be a great coach while I think Herman might just be a good or really good coach.

Spots 3-6 or maybe even spots 2-6 should be really competitive.

For Big 12 furthering upward perception they need to really come out and win vs. OOC foes and in the bowl games. The crazy scoring in Big 12 will be respected as long as Big 12 does the same against the non conference competition.

Limp Lizard

Look at the b10. They looked awful in bowl games, people were downgrading them, then tOSU won the natty and suddenly the press says the b10 is great. Winning a championship suddenly makes the perception of the whole conference go up...despite the reality. And the b10 is still riding the PR boost from 2014.

Eight

2013 was a pretty solid year in terms of the standings and if the frogs beat baylor in that last game there is a 3-way tie for first.

osu would have tied for first if they do lose they season finale

Limp Lizard

Texas has recruited at least OK every year. TCU has never been rater higher than Texas. They have and have always had primo talent. But their coaching, and probably other factors have led them to underachieve most years. From 2010 to the present Texas has not been ranked worst than #25 in recruiting. The last 10 years 7 in the top ten.

If they are better is will be due to coaching and culture change, not talent.