• The KillerFrogs

The Washington Post: Josh Doctson isn’t upset Redskins didn’t pick up his option

Volare

Redskins was the wrong team for him. They have been a mess ever since he has been there. He has never had a real QB that could get him the ball. On top of all his injury issues.

They've been a mess for a lot longer than that. Pretty sure they are taking over the trophy for the most inept team in the NFL.

froginmn

They've been a mess for a lot longer than that. Pretty sure they are taking over the trophy for the most inept team in the NFL.
100.webp

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Doctson would be an asset to just about any team with a decent QB. He is a player that has always displayed strong fundamentals, poise, and speed. Most of all, he tends to CATCH THE DAMNED BALL, which is the most important metric there is, IMHO.

I'd love to see him suiting up for the Pokes. He'd be a great fit.

Wexahu

As someone who does business with them (and dozens of other professional teams), I can tell you this is just not true at all. The Cowboys organization is outstanding.

I’m talking the football part of it, on the field. The organizational structure where every player knows they only have to be accountable to the owner and not the head coach is a terrible system. I don’t think Garrett is any good and I don’t think if he were fired he’d be a real hot commodity, but any coach working under the Cowboys system is severely handcuffed by the Jones’s. Been that way since Jimmy left, that’s why they only have like 3 playoff wins in 20+ years.

mesohornedfrog

Doctson would be an asset to just about any team with a decent QB. He is a player that has always displayed strong fundamentals, poise, and speed. Most of all, he tends to CATCH THE DAMNED BALL, which is the most important metric there is, IMHO.

I'd love to see him suiting up for the Pokes. He'd be a great fit.

That's actually been his biggest problem in the NFL

I think JD will have a great year if the target him as the number 1 receiver he should be. He knows how to get open and will win most 50/50 balls. I think he dropped passes since he was so shocked they threw him a pass. If he has a huge year he will be the top free agent for the following year and get paid. Players in contract years perform!

Wexahu

Somewhat. A lot of his drops are when he hits the ground making catches majority of WR wouldn’t even get both hands on

Those are the catches he’s paid to make though. That was really his #1 attribute coming into the league, that he was great at high pointing the ball and making the “jump ball” kind of catch. He’s not a great route runner, he’s not super quick or fast so he isn’t going to get a ton of separation. He’s going to have to make tough catches to be a great receiver in the league so he just needs to make more of them.

jake102

Few things going on:
- he got drafted by the wrong team, it was a terrible fit and everybody on here knew it. Amazing the Redskins couldn't come to the same conclusion. Similar to Hughes to Indy
- He drops the ball. His 1st round talent is making difficult, contested catches. I've also seen him drop two routine slant routes
- He hasn't stayed healthy, missing tons of practice and not getting rhythm with his QBs

Froggish

Disagree.

Please expound...

At TCU he lined up in the same spot in a 4 WR set on the field and was asked to run a 3 rout tree. That pretty limited exposure to the type of rout running expected of an NFL receiver. TCU prepared him well in a lot of ways. Even made him an NFL talent. But the offensive system we were running didn’t translate to the league he entered. That’s changing

I’m talking the football part of it, on the field. The organizational structure where every player knows they only have to be accountable to the owner and not the head coach is a terrible system. I don’t think Garrett is any good and I don’t think if he were fired he’d be a real hot commodity, but any coach working under the Cowboys system is severely handcuffed by the Jones’s. Been that way since Jimmy left, that’s why they only have like 3 playoff wins in 20+ years.
A “sorry organization” wouldn’t have the record they’ve had, even though it is admittedly below fan expectations.

Your rationale is actually contradictory. If Garrett is such a terrible coach, then the Jones family “meddling” must be responsible for what relative success they are having.

That being said, I certainly agree that the Jones family would be better off focusing on the business side and having seasoned professionals in the front office and coaching positions with more autonomy for on-field performance.

TRF51

I have been following him closely at Washington. He still has heel pain, he has never gotten over it and there were a few articles this week saying so. I think he lost a lot of his burst coming in and out of cuts. The Redskins fans HATE him and they want to move on from him. He is talked a lot about by the Redskins media, very little of it is positive. They were saying today that they have tried to trade him the last two years with no luck.

I hope he goes to a team that understands how to use him. I think he can still be a very good wr and I hope they play the Skins and he destroys them. They are a [ Finebaum ] team with a [ Finebaum ] culture.

Mean Purple

Have always been impressed with JD as a person. Everything I have heard about his mom shows her to be an impressive and accomplished person. No shock that JD has his act together considering the upbringing.