• The KillerFrogs

aside from quarterback...what positions are you interested in watching develop

asleep003

at some point you have to think all that physical talent is going to produce at least one other consistent receiver.

very interested in watching if there is a change in the execution at the position with kelly added to the staff
It should happen … we had 3 threats in 2014. If the OL plays as good as the end of 2018, then who starts at QB will find those WRs, as routes should be run better.

Volare

at some point you have to think all that physical talent is going to produce at least one other consistent receiver.

very interested in watching if there is a change in the execution at the position with kelly added to the staff

Difficult to be a consistent receiver when so many of them are only seeing the field for 3-4 plays a game.

Everyone covered lots of areas of the D to watch, I'm interested in RB, since we are losing both Anderson and Sewo after this year. It's doubtless that at some point of the year one or both of these starters will be unavailable, so it should be interesting to see what the highly rated incoming kids can do.

Eight

Difficult to be a consistent receiver when so many of them are only seeing the field for 3-4 plays a game.

Everyone covered lots of areas of the D to watch, I'm interested in RB, since we are losing both Anderson and Sewo after this year. It's doubtless that at some point of the year one or both of these starters will be unavailable, so it should be interesting to see what the highly rated incoming kids can do.

it is interesting when you go back and lack at the numbers over the past few years and try to find some type of pattern with the receivers.

i still don't understand how taj williams goes from 5 catches for 210 yards and a couple of scores against ou to damn near nothing the rest of the time outside the sdsu and smu games.

yeah, one route etc......but i have not understood the rotation of the receivers or the design of the passing game

LawFrog504

it is interesting when you go back and lack at the numbers over the past few years and try to find some type of pattern with the receivers.

i still don't understand how taj williams goes from 5 catches for 210 yards and a couple of scores against ou to damn near nothing the rest of the time outside the sdsu and smu games.

yeah, one route etc......but i have not understood the rotation of the receivers or the design of the passing game
No one does. There is no rhyme or reason to the rotation. The only thing that's consistent is that it makes me nauseous and yell at my wife. scheiss. Unbelievable how many snaps Jaelen Austin got last year. Guy couldn't get open against Dora the Explorer

WhatTheFrog

Is it too late to offer a kicker or take a walk on?
I think the kickoff and FG aspect is my biggest worry at this point.

We know that the secondary will be beast. The line is as well, though the DE spots are unknowns. I don't worry about that with CGMFP in charge of the D. LBs always seem to take care of business, whether they come in at that position or move into it from a S position or whatever. Gary says his defenses work from the outside (secondary) in to the D line. We have beasts in the secondary (senior-laden), which is probably why he is so high on the D this year. Our interior D line should be one of the most solid we've ever seen, if not the best, as well. I just don't see the D being a problem at all this year, even with relatively unknown DEs. I have faith that they will be coached up to their utmost potential like they always have been.

I have faith that the offense will take care of itself, so long as our QB doesn't make stupid mistakes and turn the ball over again and again.

There are always close games. A field goal can mean the difference between a win and a loss. That's where my concern lies, and we just lost our "touchback" kickoff guy for the season. I really hope someone steps up here. Why we can't get elite kickers here after the success of Oberkrom baffles me.

TX_Krötenechse

Is it too late to offer a kicker or take a walk on?
We already have a new freshman kicker, Griffin Kell, who is battling Song for the starting job. Song himself was competent when not hurt, but his unreliability was a big problem. I’d rather roll with Kell through the whole season and develop consistency.

Regarding the WR, we know about Reagor and we saw good things from Taye Barber last season, so that’s two spots. Dylan Thomas will probably take the other slot starting job as he is dangerous when healthy, although not as fast or shifty as Barber or D Davis. I think Stephens locks up the other outside spot with T Hunt and Barkley behind. That’s a solid starting four. But we need improved route running and downfield blocking from last few seasons across the board.

On defense, LB has a good top 3 with Wallow and B & M Wilsons but behind them huge question mark.

DE always seems to be good no matter what and I’m confident in our starters but behind them we have pretty much nothing known. The good news is that Ellison is healthy and participating in fall camp so he’ll be able to add some depth along with Plant and Workman.

WhatTheFrog

We already have a new freshman kicker, Griffin Kell, who is battling Song for the starting job. Song himself was competent when not hurt, but his unreliability was a big problem. I’d rather roll with Kell through the whole season and develop consistency.

Regarding the WR, we know about Reagor and we saw good things from Taye Barber last season, so that’s two spots. Dylan Thomas will probably take the other slot starting job as he is dangerous when healthy, although not as fast or shifty as Barber or D Davis. I think Stephens locks up the other outside spot with T Hunt and Barkley behind. That’s a solid starting four. But we need improved route running and downfield blocking from last few seasons across the board.

On defense, LB has a good top 3 with Wallow and B & M Wilsons but behind them huge question mark.

DE always seems to be good no matter what and I’m confident in our starters but behind them we have pretty much nothing known. The good news is that Ellison is healthy and participating in fall camp so he’ll be able to add some depth along with Plant and Workman.
What I'm hearing is that you're concerned about the K position? Welcome to the club!

I don't know anything about Kell, sorry to say. I sure hope he's the 2nd coming of Oberkrom. I hear the Aussie punter is supposed to be the bomb. Anything is better than last year, I assume.

Really, I don't give a big ol' poop. I'm just so ready for this season to start. I'll lose pounds sweating my arse off on the east side and cheer for my Frogs no matter what. I do think we will be way better on the field than we were last season. Whether the record reflects that is to be seen. Regardless, I'll enjoy and cheer my team. In LHCGMFP I trust!

ThisIsOurTime

With regard to kicker, I feel like we will now see the offense go for it more when outside of a 35 yard field goal attempt range. But at least we have a running quarterback with Delton now that may be helpful in those ones where it is a short yardage situation.

Also, I am little surprised to see TCU hasn't locked down a 2020 kicker commit yet. Surely, there is another top notch kicker we can find in the area. I think they should take a look at Zach Schmit out of Oklahoma.

Last edited:

PO Frog

I have high hopes for B Wilson as well but to characterize him as one of the “good” 3 as if we know that already is questionable. He’s played maybe 25 plays in college at LB.

McFroggin

With regard to kicker, I feel like we will now see the offense go for it more when outside of a 35 yard field goal attempt range. But at least we have a running quarterback with Delton now that may be helpful in those ones where it is a short yardage situation.

Also, I am little surprised to see TCU hasn't locked down a 2020 kicker commit yet. Surely, there is another top notch kicker we can find in the area. I think they should take a look at Zach Schmit out of Oklahoma.

We just took a kicker in 2019.

4th. down

Field goals for the 2019 season - hopefully inside 35 yds. which means the line of scrimmage should be about the 18 yd. line. Believe we can make those consistently.

With Delton, Sewo, Anderson and our offensive line, we should be able to run the ball for short yardage. In my opinion, Delton is a RB playing QB so we should be better this season on short yardage attempts.