• The KillerFrogs

The Beer is Near

YA

I thought about this too. Wouldn't be shocked to see separate stand-alone beer booths set up in the concourses to mitigate the stress on lines at concession stands.
If they are smart they will do the separate stands--but TCU likely will not do this. I went to a Steelers Thursday game before the TCU/west virginia game last year. Even with the dedicated beer stands it still took 20-30 minutes and they were slinging beer with 5 dedicated people and it still took forever.

Big Frog II

There well may be a few wrinkles in the beer sales until they get everything ironed out, but the bottom line is that beer will be available.

Dogfrog

My guess is concessions will be bonkers during the game, which will limit sales (maybe intentionally) as a pilot the first game or two. Maybe some will get in the stadium a couple hours before the game and tailgate / party in the concourse, which would be good.

Volare

I'm looking forward to the vids of drunks falling down the concrete steps in The Carter--that's always riotously hilarious! Hopefully there will be a permanent thread on this. I can hardly wait!

Hey as long as it is Tech and RapeU fans, I'm completely in favor!

ReedFrawg

Tailgating for 15 whole minutes at half time seems like a big effort for little gain. These seem to be the same people who wait until the last minute to enter the game at the start and miss half or more of the first quarter. I don't get why they even bother paying the high price of a ticket if they are going to miss half of the game. I hope the no in and out policy keeps more people at the game the entire time. If you don't think our players and coaches don't notice this, you are crazy.

I agree with this. 5 minutes minimum to walk to tailgate for almost all locations. Throw down 1 beer in 5 minutes. Walk back in to be at your seat 5 minutes. That's the entire halftime right there. When I go to my tailgate at halftime I am literally never back before kickoff of 2nd half.

Zubaz

I agree with this. 5 minutes minimum to walk to tailgate for almost all locations. Throw down 1 beer in 5 minutes. Walk back in to be at your seat 5 minutes. That's the entire halftime right there. When I go to my tailgate at halftime I am literally never back before kickoff of 2nd half.
One time last year I sprinted from the game to the Pub, had a mixed drink, and sprinted back to see the opening kick. Wasn't in my seat for the opening kick but I saw it.

It...wasn't worth it.

HFrog1999

Anyone remember when the Dallas Cowboys didn’t sell beer and you could bring in your own cooler?

Crazy+Ray.gif

Lone Frog

New policy might mean those last REAL CHEAP seats get sold as the “2nd” ticket, go sit back in original seat.

May be doing that. I'm sure you'll be able to get APB tickets for $5 or less. SMU, KU not much different.

On the other hand, given how many are accustomed to leaving and returning during halftime, they're likely to have a lot of problems trying to enforce this.

These changes that frequently occur in university policy always seem to be carefully scrutinized and treated

with a trace of skepticism and distrust among the Frog faithful. We are indeed a wary lot.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Here are some facts to consider:

The average football game last 3 hours and 24 minutes. The average "20 minute halftime" lasts 23-24 minutes. (2017 statistics)

Halftime tailgaters will now get to drink beer inside the stadium for 3 hours in exchange for the 23-24 minutes of parking lot time.

Sounds like a "win" to me.

Latest posts