• The KillerFrogs

ADJD’s BIG and NEW Game Day Announcements!

Bizarro Frog

I’ve been out of the loop lately, but the piece of signage SnoSki posted was supposedly shot down as something just being moved over from Lipton.

I have no clue if that’s true. But if they’re going to start selling beer, there will be some things making it physically, readily apparent as we get closer. And honestly I’d be surprised if they roll it out at the last minute as there are all sorts of things to sort out — signage to print and hang, additional security contractors, changes to the catering agreement with Sodexo, insurance to acquire, ticket holders to update etc. I just think we’d know by now. And I really would be surprised if they popped in a no re-entry policy after renewals and parking sales.

Who knows - this year, next year, or the next. It’s always just been a matter of time.
Everything you said makes sense. I am guessing it’s 2020.

Fosterpark Squatter

I’ve been out of the loop lately, but the piece of signage SnoSki posted was supposedly shot down as something just being moved over from Lipton.

I have no clue if that’s true. But if they’re going to start selling beer, there will be some things making it physically, readily apparent as we get closer. And honestly I’d be surprised if they roll it out at the last minute as there are all sorts of things to sort out — signage to print and hang, additional security contractors, changes to the catering agreement with Sodexo, insurance to acquire, ticket holders to update etc. I just think we’d know by now. And I really would be surprised if they popped in a no re-entry policy after renewals and parking sales.

Who knows - this year, next year, or the next. It’s always just been a matter of time.
Didnt they announce it mid season for baseball

WhatTheFrog

The pic of the sign posted was of a Riff Ram BBQ sign that had been moved from Lupton. Riff Ram BBQ will be one of this year's AGC food vendors. Makes sense that they might re-purpose some of their existing signage.

I say this to justify a possible reason for the sign being at the stadium, not to state whether or not beer will be sold. I'm leaning toward the "no" camp since ticket holders have not been notified of the changes that would undoubtedly be required.

HFrog12

The pic of the sign posted was of a Riff Ram BBQ sign that had been moved from Lupton. Riff Ram BBQ will be one of this year's AGC food vendors. Makes sense that they might re-purpose some of their existing signage.

I say this to justify a possible reason for the sign being at the stadium, not to state whether or not beer will be sold. I'm leaning toward the "no" camp since ticket holders have not been notified of the changes that would undoubtedly be required.

Not that I disagree with your read, but why would it be required that season ticket holders be notified of alcohol sales? At least at this point in time?

WhatTheFrog

Not that I disagree with your read, but why would it be required that season ticket holders be notified of alcohol sales? At least at this point in time?
I'm working on the assumption that alcohol sales would also mean no in and out privileges. Thousands of tailgaters/season ticket holders will not find that decision palatable AFTER paying that money for tailgate parking. All available information should be given to "the customer" before a purchase decision is made.

Announcing a reduction in access any time after parking purchase/renewal is too late, IMO.

netty2424

I'm working on the assumption that alcohol sales would also mean no in and out privileges. Thousands of tailgaters/season ticket holders will not find that decision palatable AFTER paying that money for tailgate parking. All available information should be given to "the customer" before a purchase decision is made.

Announcing a reduction in access any time after parking purchase/renewal is too late, IMO.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they offer booze, and allow in/out first year to ease the peasants into that exclusive rich world that so few people have had the privilege to enjoy, then eliminate in/out the following season.

YA

I wouldn’t be surprised if they offer booze, and allow in/out first year to ease the peasants into that exclusive rich world that so few people have had the privilege to enjoy, then eliminate in/out the following season.
I could see it go this way

first 3 games--in/out without any problems but tickets will have to be scanned
last 3 games--in/out only after 4 q starts or whenever beer sales end in mid 4th q. and only leave at certain gates

netty2424

I could see it go this way

first 3 games--in/out without any problems but tickets will have to be scanned
last 3 games--in/out only after 4 q starts or whenever beer sales end in mid 4th q. and only leave at certain gates
Yah I can buy into that. I don’t see it going full on/off switch all at once. They’ll baby step it for sure.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I will never understand your take on this.

HFrog12

I think that is a very fair point. I definitely don't think they will ax the in/out policy last minute. My belief is that they will roll out beer sales and keep everything else the same. That being said, I am starting to agree that if they decide to do beer sales then they probably won't wait until the last minute to announce. As an earlier poster said, they need time to put it on all of the concession signs etc. Somebody will find out walking the stadium a few weeks before kickoff whether it is happening or not.

talor

So there is no clear evidence of beer sales? I honestly don't even know why he will bother saying 20+ more things given that none of them matter more than that.

BankerFrog

Can someone clarify the no in/out deal with beer sales?

Why would they not allow that? Worried about people drinking in stadium, binging at half outside the stadium, and then drinking more in the stadium?

Just confused on what the issue is, sorry if I'm missing the obvious