• The KillerFrogs

The transfer portal 2019

HFrog12

I don’t think he’s very good.

4.5 sacks in 5 games in 2018 before suffering a knee injury. Got eased into the 2019 season following the knee injury and finished with 5 sacks. Maybe lesser competition at UH but I don't see that kind of production on our current roster.

Limp Lizard

Yeah, don't hand it to the RB who went 93 yards past the entire Ohio State defense. We have to gain the 9 yards of field position
Except for early in the year, he was not the same guy that went 93 against tOSU.
First 4 games, 59 carries for 483 yards, 8.2 avg
Last 8 games, 92 carries for 340 yards, 3.7 yards

Something (beside the OL, OC, opponents) was wrong to cause that drop!

Wexahu

4.5 sacks in 5 games in 2018 before suffering a knee injury. Got eased into the 2019 season following the knee injury and finished with 5 sacks. Maybe lesser competition at UH but I don't see that kind of production on our current roster.

Fair point. Highly doubt he'd even consider coming back though. If he wanted to come back, he'd have never left in the first place. How many kids have transferred back to a program before? We had that lineman who went out west for a year awhile back, but I would think it almost never happens.

Limp Lizard

Hey, everybody gets an occasional 5*...except for us and we are lied to telling us we didn't want them. Just look at the offered list of the top 50 ranked Texas recruits. We offer most and get very few 4* despite all those good years. Another bad recruiting year with "we got who we wanted" lies. GP works wonders with leftovers, but I sure would like to see what he could do with 3 or 4 top 10 classes in a row...with a different OC, that is. Tired of developing 3* into 4* which takes 3-4 years.

HFrog12

Fair point. Highly doubt he'd even consider coming back though. If he wanted to come back, he'd have never left in the first place. How many kids have transferred back to a program before? We had that lineman who went out west for a year awhile back, but I would think it almost never happens.

Yea I would say it's pretty unlikely that someone comes back like that. Just think it is interesting if in fact the sole reason he left was to take care of ailing family. At lease that's what I thought I remember. If I am Isaiah I would be looking at our DE depth chart and thinking man there is an opportunity there at a higher level of competition. My assumption is that he wants to jump into P5 competition considering he is basically starting at UH and the same staff is in place. I don't know how many P5 programs have an almost immediate starting spot for him.

CryptoMiner

LBer from NDSU getting lots of interest including from TCU

Jabril Cox 6-3/235

Missouri Valley Football Conference’s newcomer of the year honor in 2017, the defensive player of the year award in 2018, and multiple All-America honors in 2019. Cox recorded 92 tackles in 2019, 57 solo, 9.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks. He finished fourth in voting for the 2018 Buck Buchanan Award.

Originally from Kansas City where he was a dual-threat QB in high school.

Palliative Care

That guy has more flies chasing his backside than fresh meat has in a packing house.

I failed to find any reference to us on getting a look from him. The SEC schools seem to have the inside track. He could make anybody's defense significantly better!