• The KillerFrogs

Could this be a “win now” kind of season?

netty2424

I'm not convinced their OL will be good. If not, I'm not convinced Ehlinger plays more games than he doesn't. Without him they're going to struggle. I'm also not sure their defense will be great. Lots of inexperience there so they will need a lot of things to go right to avoid a drop off there.
Maybe so. I’m not that dialed in to other teams personnel so I’ll take your word for it.

Looking at recruiting, you may be on to something. Obviously this is all paper so take it for what it’s worth.

2016- they took 6 OL, 4 four star, 2 three star
2017- they took 2 three stars (small class overall)
2018- they took 5 OL, 3 four stars, 2 three stars

4th. down

Maybe so. I’m not that dialed in to other teams personnel so I’ll take your word for it.

Looking at recruiting, you may be on to something. Obviously this is all paper so take it for what it’s worth.

Revealing stats. It's generally understood that pass blocking is easier than run blocking. Looking at their offensive line, they may have trouble moving the ball on the ground against us, and as mentioned, if Ehlinger goes down, they are in the tank and the same with OU.

Purp

Seems like at least a couple of those OL aren't there anymore. I remember seeing they were very thin at OL last year so I don't think that's going to improve dramatically in one off season without JUCO infusion.

Eight

Seems like at least a couple of those OL aren't there anymore. I remember seeing they were very thin at OL last year so I don't think that's going to improve dramatically in one off season without JUCO infusion.

texas has three offensive linemen who they return with some experience.

one is cosmi who started at left tackle last year as a red-shirt freshman so it wouldn't be a shock to see him make some strides in year 2.

they added a big juco from iowa in the last class as well as a grad transfer from ga tech.

a group of juniors haven't really gotten much time and it will be interesting to see if some of their red-shirt freshmen and true freshmen get playing time.

hand has a rep as a solid teacher, but he will have some challenges early on.

the run game could get some help from two freshmen they added at the receiver position. they really didn't have a great deal of speed, but that might change in 2019.

Froggish

texas has three offensive linemen who they return with some experience.

one is cosmi who started at left tackle last year as a red-shirt freshman so it wouldn't be a shock to see him make some strides in year 2.

they added a big juco from iowa in the last class as well as a grad transfer from ga tech.

a group of juniors haven't really gotten much time and it will be interesting to see if some of their red-shirt freshmen and true freshmen get playing time.

hand has a rep as a solid teacher, but he will have some challenges early on.

the run game could get some help from two freshmen they added at the receiver position. they really didn't have a great deal of speed, but that might change in 2019.

TX has gone to the OL Grad trans well 2 years in row. Last it worked well with Calvin Anderson who we also wanted..Transfer upperclassmen OL is clearly apart of their recruiting strategy

ThisIsOurTime

I have no idea. It was mentioned we had 10 listed on the roster and someone said, if we have 10, then we have zero. The silent "1" was my response.
I heard the punter was better than last year.
Ok, thanks. If we don't have a clear kicker, we are searching for one and it probably means average kicking results for this year.

Purp

TX has gone to the OL Grad trans well 2 years in row. Last it worked well with Calvin Anderson who we also wanted..Transfer upperclassmen OL is clearly apart of their recruiting strategy
Maybe they would get better if they included it as part of their strategy.

Purp

It sounds like our punter is pretty good and our preferred walk-on kicker sounds like he could unseat Son . The kid has a monster leg. We'll have to see how he performs under pressure.

ticketfrog123

It sounds like our punter is pretty good and our preferred walk-on kicker sounds like he could unseat Son . The kid has a monster leg. We'll have to see how he performs under pressure.

Why are we assuming song is the starter? He’s played about as many games for us as Robinson.

Bunce was a walk-on and beat him out, right?

Purp

Why are we assuming song is the starter? He’s played about as many games for us as Robinson.

Bunce was a walk-on and beat him out, right?
Because Bunce got injured riding his scooter to practice? Was hit by a car. may not play at all this season.