• The KillerFrogs

Fall camp thread

4th. down

All of the defensive coaches in the conference know what Reagor can do as a receiver, RB, punt returner and kick off returns.

We have to get the ball to Reagor where he is going according to the route, not when he gets open, generally too late then. He runs good routes so the QB needs lots of reps. with Reagor which means it has to come down to the top 2 QBs pretty quick. The ball needs to leave the QB hands before he makes his cut - throw it behind him or short on a deep ball and it's intercepted.

To do the above consistently, believe it's going to come down to Collins or Duggan. No stupid ass bubble screens on the sidelines for a 3 yd. gain and risk a quick 6 going the other way. Got to play big boy ball if you want to be a big Frog.

jake102

All that does is help our DBs get better. How many times are they going to see a receiver this year as good as Reagor? As good as our secondary was last year, they should be even better this year. #NoFlyZone

Plenty of improvement to be had at safety

4th. down

GP and the defensive staff know that this year's defense is probably the best of the GP era, and that's saying something. It's really since we have been in the 12 because the other conferences were not really much to compare with.

Since the defense will be above average, GP wants a good and steady chain moving offense that doesn't turn the ball over and can score in the red zone. If he can get this along with the new field flipping punter, 80 yd. drives will be hard to come by for any offense we face.

End result, we play in the Big 12 title game. Due to our QB situation, we cannot get into shootouts with OU, TEXAS, or Iowa St. - defense and field position will carry us this year.

Eight

GP and the defensive staff know that this year's defense is probably the best of the GP era, and that's saying something. It's really since we have been in the 12 because the other conferences were not really much to compare with.

Since the defense will be above average, GP wants a good and steady chain moving offense that doesn't turn the ball over and can score in the red zone. If he can get this along with the new field flipping punter, 80 yd. drives will be hard to come by for any offense we face.

End result, we play in the Big 12 title game. Due to our QB situation, we cannot get into shootouts with OU, TEXAS, or Iowa St. - defense and field position will carry us this year.

my concern with this strategy is that to this point tcu, even in 2014 still had to depend upon the offense to produce points to beat ou.

i do believe there has been a shift in the offensive mindset in the big 12 going away from the throw it 50-60 times a game that we saw with many of the schools, but you still have a number of schools that look to pressure a defense with a run game and an aggressive passing game.

the quarterback, whomever it is, will need to be able to pose a viable threat in the passing game this year.

4th. down

my concern with this strategy is that to this point tcu, even in 2014 still had to depend upon the offense to produce points to beat ou.

i do believe there has been a shift in the offensive mindset in the big 12 going away from the throw it 50-60 times a game that we saw with many of the schools, but you still have a number of schools that look to pressure a defense with a run game and an aggressive passing game.

the quarterback, whomever it is, will need to be able to pose a viable threat in the passing game this year.

Well 8, we don't have that, so now what?

OU is setting the tone for offense in the 12 and now with Miles and TT new coach, more power running mixed in with bombs. GP has stated more than once, watch what the winners are doing. Sonny's air raid may be a offense in the past like the ole spread formation.

Eight

Well 8, we don't have that, so now what?

OU is setting the tone for offense in the 12 and now with Miles and TT new coach, more power running mixed in with bombs. GP has stated more than once, watch what the winners are doing. Sonny's air raid may be a offense in the past like the ole spread formation.

develop one and i think you actually start that by developing a true offensive identity.

i really don't care if 1 quarterback or 6 quarterbacks play against apb if we don't see some framework of an offense being built around the running game.

i would love to see tcu come out and hammer away on the ground with 2-3 run plays out of a few different formations and i don't mean scheissing bubble screens. i would love to see the pistol formation, maybe some two backs with some dive action zone blocking, add some counter, maybe even a bit of an inside trap.

no gimmicks, no trick plays, and again no scheissing bubble screens.

i would love to see pass plays built from the ground game. some play action, some drag routes after the zone has been cleared out. and maybe really go crazy with some counter boot action reducing the amount of the field the quarterback has to read and playing to some strengths.

the frogs don't need a quarterback who can make enough plays to beat ou, texas, isu, or ok state to beat apb, possibly purdue, or smu which is good because he isn't there right now.

there is talent, but you have to develop it and give them a chance and that means building an offensive identity from the start.

4th. down

develop one and i think you actually start that by developing a true offensive identity.

i really don't care if 1 quarterback or 6 quarterbacks play against apb if we don't see some framework of an offense being built around the running game.

i would love to see tcu come out and hammer away on the ground with 2-3 run plays out of a few different formations and i don't mean scheissing bubble screens. i would love to see the pistol formation, maybe some two backs with some dive action zone blocking, add some counter, maybe even a bit of an inside trap.

no gimmicks, no trick plays, and again no scheissing bubble screens.

i would love to see pass plays built from the ground game. some play action, some drag routes after the zone has been cleared out. and maybe really go crazy with some counter boot action reducing the amount of the field the quarterback has to read and playing to some strengths.

the frogs don't need a quarterback who can make enough plays to beat ou, texas, isu, or ok state to beat apb, possibly purdue, or smu which is good because he isn't there right now.

there is talent, but you have to develop it and give them a chance and that means building an offensive identity from the start.

This all sounds great in a perfect world but I don't see Sonny as an OC and the last bowl game proved it if you had any doubt. 3 weeks to prepare with a QB that doesn't know how to pass and what do we do, come out passing. You would have thought at halftime GP would have lowered the boom on him but no, he comes out passing again in the 3rd. quarter. Since Meach left, the offense has done basically little. Was it Meach or just the combination of Sonny and Meach plus Boykin/Doctson?

Froggish

All of the defensive coaches in the conference know what Reagor can do as a receiver, RB, punt returner and kick off returns.

We have to get the ball to Reagor where he is going according to the route, not when he gets open, generally too late then. He runs good routes so the QB needs lots of reps. with Reagor which means it has to come down to the top 2 QBs pretty quick. The ball needs to leave the QB hands before he makes his cut - throw it behind him or short on a deep ball and it's intercepted.

To do the above consistently, believe it's going to come down to Collins or Duggan. No stupid ass bubble screens on the sidelines for a 3 yd. gain and risk a quick 6 going the other way. Got to play big boy ball if you want to be a big Frog.

I think you meant 3 yard loss

LawFrog504

It'll be Delton to start the year. The question becomes if he gets us to 6-0, is he good enough to score against good teams?

We need to milk every single second of Reagor that we have left. He will be an NFL superstar and we must take advantage.

Defense has the potential to be the best in TCU history, but the LB's scare me. There is little to no depth there and Wilson isn't 100%

4th. down

It'll be Delton to start the year. The question becomes if he gets us to 6-0, is he good enough to score against good teams?

We need to milk every single second of Reagor that we have left. He will be an NFL superstar and we must take advantage.

Defense has the potential to be the best in TCU history, but the LB's scare me. There is little to no depth there and Wilson isn't 100%

Absolutely 100% correct on all accounts IMO.

Your 2nd. sentence in the 1st. paragraph is the key to the season and I say NO. I'm sorry Delton enthusiast, but he never has had it - sure special packages for him but to lay 40+ on OU, Texas or Iowa State, not so fast because those teams are going to score. GP has yet to figure out Riley and we go on the road at night to Ames - you gotta score - driving the field on the road at Norman or Ames late in the 4th. quarter to win with Delton, don't see it.

Delton is not the type of QB in the above situation on the road that would strike fear into the opposing defense like a Boykin, Mayfield, or Murray. Do we have such a QB on the squad now - if we do, he's undercover so far.

TX_Krötenechse

The stuff that JC says on 247 or from the coaches about Delton surprising with his passing is all either lies, lipstick on a pig, or misdirection from the coaches. The bottom line is that he has mediocre pass stats in his career. I get that KSU wasn’t a prolific passing offense, but Snyder passed just fine with Klein. If Delton had been a strong passer, he would have passed the ball more often.