• The KillerFrogs

FWST: ‘TCU was the perfect fit for me.’ Inside how TCU landed German QB Alexander Honig

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Why would an Austrian pop singer singing about an Austrian classical composer be an appropriate walk-up song for a German QB? I mean, other than it was one of the best songs and music videos of the 20th century of course (mainly the Salieri mix version) and was recorded in German. Baron Georg Johannes Ludwig Ritter von Trapp would not approve. If we don't go with the Scorpions or Nena, I'd suggest something from the discography of Kraftwerk...perhaps The Man Machine or Autobahn.

Well, the Germans did seem to like that little Austrian corporal...

Billy Clyde

Posted this in the other thread, but here goes again:

The Giant German Galoot. 3g Offense. (for those very few on here who don't claim criminal law expertise, 3g refers to a designation (now outdated but still used) of some of the most Serious Offenses, often involving a Deadly Weapon, such as 11" hands.
It seemed a lot less tortured metaphor in my head.

Horned Toad

Why would an Austrian pop singer singing about an Austrian classical composer be an appropriate walk-up song for a German QB? I mean, other than it was one of the best songs and music videos of the 20th century of course (mainly the Salieri mix version) and was recorded in German. Baron Georg Johannes Ludwig Ritter von Trapp would not approve. If we don't go with the Scorpions or Nena, I'd suggest something from the discography of Kraftwerk...perhaps The Man Machine or Autobahn.
Trans Europa Express!

Eight

Posted this in the other thread, but here goes again:

The Giant German Galoot. 3g Offense. (for those very few on here who don't claim criminal law expertise, 3g refers to a designation (now outdated but still used) of some of the most Serious Offenses, often involving a Deadly Weapon, such as 11" hands.
It seemed a lot less tortured metaphor in my head.

no, a galoot is one who is viewed as clumsy or oafish.

Limp Lizard

At least he has German heritage and surname. What blows my mind is the French obsession with Jerry Lewis.
I worked for decades closely with French men and women, including in a French-owned company in Fort Worth with lots of French here and many others often visiting. Still don't have a clue about them...and not just the Jerry Lewis thing. Overall my feelings are negative. Familiarity bred contempt.:mad:

Mean Purple

You put way to much thought in the hype music.

DannyAdelante

German music is dominated by hip hop these days. There's a guy called Capital Bra who has had 16 Number 1 singles in the last TWO YEARS alone. The next closest all-time are The Beatles, with 12.

Considering Honig is like 17, I think this would be more his cup of tea.

Purp

German music is dominated by hip hop these days. There's a guy called Capital Bra who has had 16 Number 1 singles in the last TWO YEARS alone. The next closest all-time are The Beatles, with 12.

Too much Bayern gear in that video. I liked it at first, but after that... meh.

Froggish

Europeans continue their tradition of copying American culture..

netty2424

He impressed the TCU coaching staff during a camp on Friday.

One person on hand said Honig can “spin it … like for real for real.”

My money is on GMFP as the source of that quote.
We heard literally the exact same thing about SR, and MC last year.

SwissArmyFrog

Well, the Germans did seem to like that little Austrian corporal...

You mean this guy?

b6eYf2.jpg