• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
For all of you who liked John Thompson as a business prof or career advisor, here is a recent email from him. @tcudoc can relate:

SIGN IN A SHOE REPAIR STORE

We will heel you
We will save your sole
We will even dye for you.

A SIGN ON A BLINDS AND CURTAIN TRUCK:
Blind man driving.

Sign over a Gynecologist's Office:
"Dr. Jones, at your cervix.

In a Podiatrist's office:
"Time wounds all heels.

On a Septic Tank Truck :
Yesterday's Meals on Wheels

At an Optometrist's Office :
"If you don't see what you're looking for,
You've come to the right place.

On a Plumber's truck :
"We repair what your husband fixed.

On another Plumber's truck :
"Don't sleep with a drip. Call your plumber.

At a Tire Shop in Milwaukee :
"Invite us to your next blowout.

On an Electrician's truck :
"Let us remove your shorts.

In a Non-smoking Area:
"If we see smoke, we will assume you are on fire and will take appropriate action.

On a Maternity Room door :
"Push. Push. Push.

At a Car Dealership :
"The best way to get back on your feet - miss a car payment.

Outside a Muffler Shop:
"No appointment necessary. We hear you coming.

In a Veterinarian's waiting room :
"Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay!

At the Electric Company:
"We would be delighted if you send in your payment on time. However, if you don't, YOU will be de-lighted.

In a Restaurant window:
"Don't stand there and be hungry; come on in and get fed up.

In the front yard of a Funeral Home :
"Drive carefully. We'll wait.

At a Propane Filling Station:
"Thank Heaven for little grills.

In a Chicago Radiator Shop:
"Best place in town to take a leak.

And the best one for last;
Sign on the back of another Septic Tank Truck:
"Caution - This Truck is full of Political Promises

Frog-in-law1995

Just agreed to play in a fantasy football league and then it occurred to me that I haven’t watched or really even cared about the nfl in years, and haven’t played fantasy football since even before that. What’s the go-to publication for draft analysis these days? I need all the help I can get.

MTfrog5

Just agreed to play in a fantasy football league and then it occurred to me that I haven’t watched or really even cared about the nfl in years, and haven’t played fantasy football since even before that. What’s the go-to publication for draft analysis these days? I need all the help I can get.
The more you study, the worst your team is

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Auto draft.
Set your line up week 1.
Never change your line up.
Check standings at season’s end.
Shrug shoulders.

SnoSki

Ugliness in El Paso today. :(

Without even touching the gun control debate, is it time to examine our society and figure out why this extreme behavior seems to be an increasingly frequent manner in which people express their anger?
I feel like the wall-to-Wall coverage, particularly of the shooter and his motives afterwards is a big factor. It’s not necessary to identify the shooter by name, show his photo, or explain why they did it for weeks on end. It creates legends out of losers, inspiring others with an axe to grind, giving them the idea that they, too, can make their mark.

I don’t need to know who did this today, or why. I don’t need to know where they lived, what their neighbors thought of them, what books they read or what they looked like. None of that affects my day to day life.

If you’ve ever read The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell there’s a portion that addresses the rise of suicides among teen boys on a remote pacific island several years back. When the local papers stopped posting full-page memorials on the suicide victims, it stoped glorifying the act and the rate plummeted because still-living boys with troubles stopped thinking, “man; I kill myself I’ll be a legend and have my voice heard finally.”

Secondly, I think by showing all those details ad nauseam, you allow other troubled people to identify with the shooter. They have traits in common with the shooter, and think, “HE shot someone, maybe I should too.”

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Ron Swanson

I feel like the wall-to-Wall coverage, particularly of the shooter and his motives afterwards is a big factor. It’s not necessary to identify the shooter by name, show his photo, or explain why they did it for weeks on end. It creates legends out of losers, inspiring others with an axe to grind, giving them the idea that they, too, can make their mark.

I don’t need to know who did this today, or why. I don’t need to know where they lived, what their neighbors thought of them, what books they read or what they looked like. None of that affects my day to day life.

If you’ve ever read The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell there’s a portion that addresses the rise of suicides among teen boys on a remote pacific island several years back. When the local papers stopped posting full-page memorials on the suicide victims, it stoped glorifying the act and the rate plummeted because still-living boys with troubles stopped thinking, “man; I kill myself I’ll be a legend and have my voice heard finally.”

Secondly, I think by showing all those details ad nauseam, you allow other troubled people to identify with the shooter. They have traits in common with the shooter, and think, “HE shot someone, maybe I should too.”

Just my 2 cents.
Agree 100%

In regards to Satis’ post.... I don’t think there’s any analyzing society and changing society’s behavior somehow.

Society is what it is and I don’t think there’s any “fixing the root of the problem” type solution. You can’t make all Americans become good parents or anything.

Try to make guns less accessible to psychopaths and don’t publicize these events in the news. I think that’s about it (and both are very difficult to pull off).