• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

LeagueCityFrog

Whatever happened to that Mississippi running back in last year's TCU recruiting class that didn't make it to TCU last Summer? Maybe East Mississippi Community College from Last Chance U seasons 1 and 2?

Last edited:

I see a ton of things TCU can do with this guy. Trick plays are going to be all over. This guy can be thrown the ball then he chunks it, he comes around and the ball tossed to him and then he chunks it, or some type of double option/screen, etc. Lots of fun with an athlete like this to balance all things out when TCU plays teams like Oklahoma.

Froggish

Important to note that we are going to let him try his hand at QB. Thankfully he’s open to playing other spot but Im getting the sense with a lot of kids today they do not want to change positions. In fact I know it’s been a hang up with several of our offers. GP sees athletes, speed, and versatility as part of growing up process and more and more kids aren’t open to it.

Eight

Whatever happened to that Mississippi running back in last year's TCU recruiting class that didn't make it to TCU last Summer? Maybe East Mississippi Community College from Last Chance U seasons 1 and 2?

fabian franklin went to cohoma community college in mississippi, but don't know much about how his season went last year or if he is still there this year.

Moose Stuff

Important to note that we are going to let him try his hand at QB. Thankfully he’s open to playing other spot but Im getting the sense with a lot of kids today they do not want to change positions. In fact I know it’s been a hang up with several of our offers. GP sees athletes, speed, and versatility as part of growing up process and more and more kids aren’t open to it.

I think it’s also worth noting that kids should be entitled to not want to switch positions. Their career, their decision.

Billy Clyde

There's probably a good lesson about all that with D'Eriq King, who IIRC we invited to look elsewhere if he was determined to stay at QB. Looking at what he's done at UH, sure would've loved to have him here. At QB.

fabian franklin went to cohoma community college in mississippi, but don't know much about how his season went last year or if he is still there this year.
Team went 0-9 last year. Franklin played in 8 games. Had 100 yds rushing on 51 carries. Caught 10 passes for 80 yds, with a long on 32. Returned one kickoff for 33 yds. Didn’t score a touchdown.

asleep003

Big role in the Alamo Bowl... Him playing a big role for a top ten finish is a little stretch imo. Point being made is Dez is 5’6 and ran around the same as a 6’0 WR

So … White leading the team in receptions and 2nd TDs while averaging more yards p/game than Turpin, wouldn't be considered playing a big role in 2017's success

Lets hope we get that kind of production from Holiday and other recruits.

Last edited:

froginmn

So … White leading the team in receptions and 2nd TDs while averaging more yards p/game than Turpin, wouldn't be considered playing a big role in 2017's success

Lets hope we get that kind of production from Holiday and other recruits.
Interesting analysis. He was tied for the team lead in receptions and 3rd in yardage.

He played a big role for the team all the same but that seems like twisting the stats.

asleep003

Interesting analysis. He was tied for the team lead in receptions and 3rd in yardage.

He played a big role for the team all the same but that seems like twisting the stats.

Believe you've twisted my post.
a) White lead team in catches, along with Turpin...'leading the team' none the less..
b) that White was 2nd in TDs with 5 TD receptions.
c) never mentioned he led the team in yardage, but more yards p/game than Turpin.

Last edited:

MTfrog5

Believe you've twisted my post.
a) White lead team in catches, along with Turpin...'leading the team' none the less..
b) that White was 2nd in TDs with 5 TD receptions.
c) never mentioned he led the team in yardage, but more yards p/game than Turpin.
3 of those 5 TD were against Jackson State and Kansas so... his best game was by far against Baylor outside of the bowl game. Interesting that he never led a game in receiving yards for such an important WR for our season. Point being there are a lot of dudes that could have done that just as good or better imo

Peacefrog

Degenerate
3 of those 5 TD were against Jackson State and Kansas so... his best game was by far against Baylor outside of the bowl game. Interesting that he never led a game in receiving yards for such an important WR for our season. Point being there are a lot of dudes that could have done that just as good or better imo
giphy.gif

asleep003

point is, they didn't....
a) it was 2 TDs against Jackson state, you're still twisting it my friend.
b) and if you want to eliminate Jackson St. 2 TDs, then White ties for 2nd in TDs.
c) if you don't like KU TDs, then can eliminate it... plus Reagor's 2 and Diarse's 1.
d) all 5 of White's TD receptions contributed to 4 Team wins.
Who else("a lot of dudes") could have made that miracle(Turpin like) return in the Alamo Bowl when we really needed it.... that clinched our spot in the AP Top 10.

The smallest on the field and you have to continue to diminish his contributions.

MTfrog5

point is, they didn't....
a) it was 2 TDs against Jackson state, you're still twisting it my friend.
b) and if you want to eliminate Jackson St. 2 TDs, then White ties for 2nd in TDs.
c) if you don't like KU TDs, then can eliminate it... plus Reagor's 2 and Diarse's 1.
d) all 5 of White's TD receptions contributed to 4 Team wins.
Who else("a lot of dudes") could have made that miracle(Turpin like) return in the Alamo Bowl when we really needed it.... that clinched our spot in the AP Top 10.

The smallest on the field and you have to continue to diminish his contributions.
Goodness. He had a really good Alamo Bowl besides the fumble before the punt return. I was taking about receiving but if you want to talk about punt returns we’ve had Luper and Gray return for TD not including Turpin. Can’t wait to see White’s NFL tryout for your sake since he was so so valuable for that team. Why didn’t he go to the CFL, arena league, or XFL? Heck he didn’t even go to the league that lasted two weeks and we had a TE that never got thrown to play in that league. Lots of dudes go tryouts to those leagues. Agree to disagree