• The KillerFrogs

Columbia Daily Tribune: Missouri transfer QB Robinson denied waiver

tcudoc

Concur. Would someone be so kind as to recap Andy Daltons 4 years playing at TCU? Reason I ask is, as I recall he had a difficult first two years on the field but eventually grew and studied and became a great quarterback for TCU.
In today’s climate, he may have escaped through the portal before becoming a legend.

Zubaz

Concur. Would someone be so kind as to recap Andy Daltons 4 years playing at TCU? Reason I ask is, as I recall he had a difficult first two years on the field but eventually grew and studied and became a great quarterback for TCU.
Boykin too. Dude was pretty much written off as a failure before his Junior year by many (most?) Frog fans.

Dalton was a bit different, just because he did produce a Top 10 team his sophomore year despite his fairly pedestrian numbers. But yeah, Freshman Dalton wasn't exactly a favorite.

Frog DJ

Dalton's stats are really interesting and revealing.

In 2007, he played in 13 games and completed 222 out of 371 passes for 2459 yards, with 10 TDs and 11 INTs. His QB rating was 118.5.

In 2008, he played in 11 games and completed 182 out of 307 passes for 2242 yards with 11 TDs and 5 INTs. His QB rating was 129.2.

In 2009, he played in 13 games and completed 199 out of 323 passes for 2756 yards with 23 TDs and 8 INTs. His QB rating was 151.8.

In 2010, he playing 13 games and completed 209 out of 316 passes for 2857 yards with 27 TDs and 6 INTs. His QB rating was 166.5.

Based strictly on those stats Dalton clearly improved from his freshman year to his senior year, but his biggest leap was between his sophomore and junior seasons.

However, it is noteworthy that his lowest INT rate was in his sophomore season, when he seemed to turn the corner, but don't overlook that he did play in two fewer games that year.

It's also worth noting that his completion percentage hovered right around 60% in his first three seasons, but ballooned to 66% as a senior No doubt, his WR corps had something to do with that.

But to address the perception that Dalton somehow struggled mightily during his first two campaigns, and then suddenly became remarkably better as a junior is probably a bit of hyperbole. He was solid all 4 years.

And let's remember, he won the Texas Bowl MVP Award as a freshman.

Just my observations - nothing more...

Go Frogs!

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Dalton's stats are really interesting and revealing.

In 2007, he played in 13 games and completed 222 out of 371 passes for 2459 yards, with 10 TDs and 11 INTs. His QB rating was 118.5.

In 2008, he played in 11 games and completed 182 out of 307 passes for 2242 yards with 11 TDs and 5 INTs. His QB rating was 129.2.

In 2009, he played in 13 games and completed 199 out of 323 passes for 2756 yards with 23 TDs and 8 INTs. His QB rating was 151.8.

In 2010, he playing 13 games and completed 209 out of 316 passes for 2857 yards with 27 TDs and 6 INTs. His QB rating was 166.5.

Based strictly on those stats Dalton clearly improved from his freshman year to his senior year, but his biggest leap was between his sophomore and junior seasons.

However, it is noteworthy that his lowest INT rate was in his sophomore season, when he seemed to turn the corner, but don't overlook that he did play in two fewer games that year.

It's also worth noting that his completion percentage hovered right around 60% in his first three seasons, but ballooned to 66% as a senior No doubt, his WR corps had something to do with that.

But to address the perception that Dalton somehow struggled mightily during his first two campaigns, and then suddenly became remarkably better as a junior is probably a bit of hyperbole. He was solid all 4 years.

And let's remember, he won the Texas Bowl MVP Award as a freshman.

Just my observations - nothing more...

Go Frogs!
Good numbers, thanks DJ. That was my 85% hazy memory as well, consistent improvement from freshman to senior year. Do you also recall if he had any serious quarterback competition? I remember Marcus Jackson but I don’t recall anyone else.

BABYFACE

Dalton put in the work. He spent plenty of time studying film. He had the respect of his teammates. SR wasn’t as strong in these areas as Dalton.

Frog DJ

Good numbers, thanks DJ. That was my 85% hazy memory as well, consistent improvement from freshman to senior year. Do you also recall if he had any serious quarterback competition? I remember Marcus Jackson but I don’t recall anyone else.
Marcus Jackson was the only name I recall.

I do remember a game in Floyd Casey when Dalton got injured and Jackson came in and saved the day.

Am I correct on that?

Of course, Casey Pachall was his back up too, but there was never any doubt about who was the starter.

Go Frogs!

Last edited:

4 Oaks Frog

I don’t see how blasting the kid helps. I’m glad TCU denied the mis-treatment claim, but after that I’m in the SR Who? Camp.
I’m not blasting the kid because he transferred, and lied about being mistreated. I’m blasting him because he was such a [ Finebaum ]ty QB...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Purp

I do remember a game in Floyd Casey when Dalton got injured and Jackson came in and saved the day.

Am I correct on that?
I believe that is correct and I also believe that was the day the Baylor beer thief struck.

MCFROG III

Am I correct on that?

Of course, Casey Pachall was his back up too, but there was never any doubt about who was the starter.

Go Frogs!

Wasn't Dalton sick from the flu, or some stomach ailment? Don't think he was "injured."

Bob

Am I correct on that?

Go Frogs!
Marcus was named conference player of the week for that game I believe.