• The KillerFrogs

Fall camp thread

SnoSki

Thinking of Scott and the Nix family today. Always do on the day of GPs fall kickoff presser. Thinking of you as well, @wes!

Honey-Butter-Chicken-Biscuit.gif

Froggish

Do you think we will rotate 40 receivers during each game? Usually on third and ten out all American is on the bench due to our rotation! I hope that is over!

I hope not...I really hope we limit the 4wr packages for some H-Back sets so we can get better more power at the line of scrimmage. I’ve heard we want to get Reagor singled up on the one side of the field by himself..I hope that happens

CountryFrog

I hope not...I really hope we limit the 4wr packages for some H-Back sets so we can get better more power at the line of scrimmage. I’ve heard we want to get Reagor singled up on the one side of the field by himself..I hope that happens
I haven't heard anything but I have no doubt that the coaches have wanted to get Reagor singled up on one side of the field since the day he showed up on campus.

CountryFrog

The offense we’ve been running for the last 4 years would indicate differently...he pretty much had a slot guy lined up next to him his whole career
You can still get single coverage with multiple receivers on the same side of the field. It's actually often EASIER for the defense to double a receiver when he's the only eligible receiver on his side of the formation.

Froggish

You can still get single coverage with multiple receivers on the same side of the field. It's actually often EASIER for the defense to double a receiver when he's the only eligible receiver on his side of the formation.

Sure but that wasn’t my point. isolate Reagor to one side of the field with the others Wr on the opposite side forces the defense to either leave him one on one or roll help over the top thus leaving better match ups for Barber. My only point was word was that the staff wanted to create defensive matchups that force DBS to cover Reagor in more space..The longer they have to run with him the better for the entire offense

Mean Purple

Expounding on the 3 QBs

My question:
When he says Delton, Justin and Michael are the top three contenders because they have been here longer, is it:
A. They have been here longer and so they know and run the playbook better and deliver the best results.
or
B. Just because they have been here longer.

I hope to high heaven it is A.

Whoever is playing the best, should get the ball.

Salfrog

Tier 1
My question:
When he says Delton, Justin and Michael are the top three contenders because they have been here longer, is it:
A. They have been here longer and so they know and run the playbook better and deliver the best results.
or
B. Just because they have been here longer.

I hope to high heaven it is A.

Whoever is playing the best, should get the ball.

It's definitely B. We know how he feels about true freshmen QB's, regardless of what coach speak he puts out there to the media. I know I don't trust GP & Cumbie to pick the actual best QB in camp after last year's complete fail at the position.

Froggish

It's definitely B. We know how he feels about true freshmen QB's, regardless of what coach speak he puts out there to the media. I know I don't trust GP & Cumbie to pick the actual best QB in camp after last year's complete fail at the position.

GP has said he wants as little to do with the offense as possible. I understand giving your guys autonomy but I’ve always found that weird for a head coach. Especially since we’ve been pretty below average on offense 5 out of our 7 years in the Big12. Cumbie should definitely be on the hot seat this season