• The KillerFrogs

NCAA Rejects Baldwin's Immediate Transfer Eligibility

asleep003

There really is no need for any drama on Baldwin...

a) he's just recovering anyway.
b) His resume is no greater than 3 other Underclassmen we have at QB.
c) we have a proven Sr. QB already in the mix among the 4 QB candidates.
d) let him prove himself when 100% healthy and Spring practice behind him.

McFroggin

a) he's just recovering anyway.
b) His resume is no greater than 3 other Underclassmen we have at QB.
d) let him prove himself when 100% healthy and Spring practice behind him.

CGP himself has stated that he will assist in an urgent appeal as Baldwin is quite talented and could be starting this year.

Purp

CGP himself has stated that he will assist in an urgent appeal as Baldwin is quite talented and could be starting this year.
When/where did CGP state that? Not saying it isn't true, but everything I've seen him say directly about the appeal is that TCU is not getting involved. Baldwin and his family are pursuing it alone. Only yesterday did I see TCU was going to appeal it, but I never saw a quote from CGP on the matter that contravened his previous statements.

netty2424

hmm-2-bbeaa7ee9dda50dd445e0007f395fed3.gif

Frogmore

When/where did CGP state that? Not saying it isn't true, but everything I've seen him say directly about the appeal is that TCU is not getting involved. Baldwin and his family are pursuing it alone. Only yesterday did I see TCU was going to appeal it, but I never saw a quote from CGP on the matter that contravened his previous statements.
TCU is absolutely in favor of an appeal. They want Baldwin to be able to play.

Frogmore

Did he state that to you?
Any appeal has to be from TCU. It is TCU application for a waiver, not the Baldwins. So, yeah, TCU has to be involved, my dude. TCU has notified the Baldwin and their attorney Leach that they want to appeal.

Frogmore

Not disagreeing, but it was noted that GP/TCU was not assisting in the initial filing. Why step in for an appeal, versus just helping from the beginning?
Well, I mean, I guess it depends on what you mean by "assisting". No initial filing without TCU's involvement. It is the school that files for the waiver. So, I'm thinking they were involved.