• The KillerFrogs

Daily Oklahoman: Big 12 could have fewer 11 a.m. kickoffs

Froggish

And???

I hate that argument. That's isn't why these games are played. Heck, why don't we go ahead and play three FCS games so those programs can be much better funded instead of just scraping by?

I’m not saying your wrong I am just pointing that out..If a big program wants a tune up game then why not let them play a tune up that doesn’t count against the record

Wexahu

I’m not saying your wrong I am just pointing that out..If a big program wants a tune up game then why not let them play a tune up that doesn’t count against the record

The games do count though. If every team played 12 games against real D1 opponents and then wanted to play a couple extra that didn't count against FCS teams, so be it. But they wouldn't do that, because they want to be credited with a win. Buying wins, that's what it is all about.

HToady

With the 11:00am games comes the fat guy in the red shirt.

When broadcasters start showing college football games like they do golf and NASCAR, the time in the sun will be reduced by 1/4. Genius!

JugbandFrog

The problem with 7:00 FCS games is you leave at the same time the good 2:30 games start and you get home after the good 7:00 games are over. So you basically miss all the good games on TV suffering through damn near a heat stroke watching a crappy, uncompetitive game. At least if it's at 11:00 you get home by 4:00 and catch most of the good games in the comfort of AC at home.
Or from the comfort of AC in hospital bed, recovering from heat stroke and dehydration

Frog-in-law1995

The problem with 7:00 FCS games is you leave at the same time the good 2:30 games start and you get home after the good 7:00 games are over. So you basically miss all the good games on TV suffering through damn near a heat stroke watching a crappy, uncompetitive game. At least if it's at 11:00 you get home by 4:00 and catch most of the good games in the comfort of AC at home.

Stay home, Wex. Problem solved.

Wexahu

Stay home, Wex. Problem solved.

Ha! I don't really see that as an option, we need butts in seats, and I'm willing to suffer through it no matter how miserable it is. It's not so much the time slot, I'd just like to see a game between two remotely competitive teams, is that too much to ask?

frog-hat

Ha! I don't really see that as an option, we need butts in seats, and I'm willing to suffer through it no matter how miserable it is. It's not so much the time slot, I'd just like to see a game between two remotely competitive teams, is that too much to ask?
No. I’ve smoked weed years ago, so I’m joining Sewo in a one game ban vs UAPB

LVH

Each team should be allowed to play a preseason scrimmage that doesn't count against an FCS opponent. Basketball is allowed to play scrimmages so why not football. Also high school does it.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
As someone who had tailgated at Ole Miss with some friends in the Grove, I say just throw up a tent and lots of great food ... and some fans.
Tailgating at Ole Miss is one of the joys of college football. Everyone should try it at least one what a game day experience. Not bad at ACS BUT NOT LIKE ole Miss but they have that natural venue , the grove

Limp Lizard

September and October can be iffy, no matter what the time. Look at 2000:
Sept 32 vs Arky State at 6:00PM. Hot (low 90's) and very humid night, with no breeze. Very, very uncomfortable. Obviously not as much as a hot day game, but still awfully uncomfortable, heat index was probably above 95.

Two weeks later vs Hawaii, Oct.7 at 11:00. About froze my butt off. I remember people trying to stay warm (unsuccessfully) at the Killerfrogs tailgate tent. Set a record that lasted for a few years for lowest maximum temp for Oct. 7.

OK, still better to avoid Sept 11:00 games, but out of our hands, unfortunately.

Wexahu

Each team should be allowed to play a preseason scrimmage that doesn't count against an FCS opponent. Basketball is allowed to play scrimmages so why not football. Also high school does it.

Coaches wouldn’t want to play a game that doesn’t count. And if a game doesn’t count, nobody would want to pay normal ticket prices or otherwise go to the game. And if you’re going to have a scrimmage, why not do it against another P5 program if prepping your team is really the goal?

Mean Purple

Tailgating at Ole Miss is one of the joys of college football. Everyone should try it at least one what a game day experience. Not bad at ACS BUT NOT LIKE ole Miss but they have that natural venue , the grove
A friend's dad has a picture from his college days there. They basically parked there cars on that area. Pretty cool stuff.

Froginbedford

September and October can be iffy, no matter what the time. Look at 2000:
Sept 32 vs Arky State at 6:00PM. Hot (low 90's) and very humid night, with no breeze. Very, very uncomfortable. Obviously not as much as a hot day game, but still awfully uncomfortable, heat index was probably above 95.

Two weeks later vs Hawaii, Oct.7 at 11:00. About froze my butt off. I remember people trying to stay warm (unsuccessfully) at the Killerfrogs tailgate tent. Set a record that lasted for a few years for lowest maximum temp for Oct. 7.

OK, still better to avoid Sept 11:00 games, but out of our hands, unfortunately.

Therein was the problem at the game in 2000...an extra two days in September is bound to increase the displeasure zone....LOL....It was so humid that I was dripping sweat just sitting in the stands...made me eat the roasted corn on the cob much slower than I would have normally...LOL...(and how I miss that roasted corn now).And yeah, the Hawaii game was a surprise attack by a cold front...sitting under the upper deck to avoid the rain, nothing to stop the wind whipping through...trying to stay warm under a saran wrap-quality rain poncho....The next week I bought a heavy vinyl poncho at Target....Except for the 2015 Baylor game, it has kept me warm enough when necessary....

Limp Lizard

Therein was the problem at the game in 2000...an extra two days in September is bound to increase the displeasure zone....LOL....It was so humid that I was dripping sweat just sitting in the stands...made me eat the roasted corn on the cob much slower than I would have normally...LOL...(and how I miss that roasted corn now).And yeah, the Hawaii game was a surprise attack by a cold front...sitting under the upper deck to avoid the rain, nothing to stop the wind whipping through...trying to stay warm under a saran wrap-quality rain poncho....The next week I bought a heavy vinyl poncho at Target....Except for the 2015 Baylor game, it has kept me warm enough when necessary....
Seems to me like 2000 was the last season with bad weather every week.