• The KillerFrogs

Tebow’s interesting top 4

asleep003

So Tim has us higher than Phil Steele's #14. With no clue who the QB is to lead this team will be(many think the HS-Fr will) this year much less the CFP playoff, and 2 brand new DEs... just amazing.

However, he may be looking at Phil's 2014 prediction of the Frogs after a losing season and thinks it could happen in 2019? Think we'll be better, but wow ?&%)*# 2/&?

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

Clemson’s toughest game may be the Aggies at home. Think they have a cakewalk to the final four.

Definitely will root for the ags in that one.

netty2424

Clemson’s toughest game may be the Aggies at home. Think they have a cakewalk to the final four.

tenor.gif

Mean Purple

As someone who has watched Clemson, pretty much, all my life, They lost some incredible players on that D line. But some of the backups had decent playing time. That D was just as big a key to last year as Travis Etienne and Trevor Lawrence. They lost some serious big timers. Tre Lamar and Kendall Joseph at linebacker, Trayvon Mullen at corner, Austin Bryant and Clelin Ferrell at DE and of course Lawrence and Wilkins at DT. Wilkins was such an x factor for that team (as well as a all around great guy). 3 of those guys were first rounders.
And they lost some incredible reserves - Huggins, JD Davis and Judah Davis, and Mark Fields. Then Shaq Smith transfered to Maryland.

That is a lot of talent to replace. Granted they have some other good guys stepping up like Skalski,Kvon Wallace, Tanner Muse, Simmons and Terrell.

So the big question for Clemson is - given how incredible those starters were, does it mean the reserves are still at a level that is higher than most. Many of the sports media guys in the Upstate seem to think so.
I think the ACC will be stronger across the board this year. Scuse won't be overlooked this year. NC State is likely stepping up and BC is gonna be a serious pain in the neck for folks. Duke should be decent, but they open with a ticked off Bama.

Mean Purple

I think Tebow was being sarcastic in this video. He has said before he is not big on preseason picks.
Yes, he could think TCU is a dark horse, because he respects GP and what TCU has done.

Just glad he did not say whorns. Not sure why folks think they will be so great this year. They played a very bummed Georgia team in a bowl. wHorns have some key folks to replace. And they have to worry about keeping their head coach out of strip clubs on recruiting trips. That's a lot to deal with.

Froginbedford

Gary knows something about this team. He was very chipper at the Big XII media days.

I hope this is the best defense he has ever fielded. Then feeding two senior running backs and Reagor.

But last year many were fearful preseason because GP was in a good mood...not gnarly/surly as he has been and have a good or great season follow it....And we all know what happened last season....

Zubaz

I think Tebow was being sarcastic in this video. He has said before he is not big on preseason picks.
Yes, he could think TCU is a dark horse, because he respects GP and what TCU has done.
I'm about 99% sure this is a splice from mid-season 2017, the week before the first CFP rankings came out. They just added the graphics for this month. Hence why she says "Who are the four best teams in college football right now" not "Who will be" or some verbiage that you would use in the preseason.

In other words, it's a fake video. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Tebow's not even doing broadcasting until his Minor League season is over.

Mean Purple

I'm about 99% sure this is a splice from mid-season 2017, the week before the first CFP rankings came out. They just added the graphics for this month. Hence why she says "Who are the four best teams in college football right now" not "Who will be" or some verbiage that you would use in the preseason.

In other words, it's a fake video. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Tebow's not even doing broadcasting until his Minor League season is over.
Makes sense.

If the aggies were playing the Art Briles coached Baylor Bears who were wearing special uniforms embroidered with "61-58" on them and Briles proclaimed before the game that he would encourage his team to rape every female in east Texas if they won the game, I would root for Baylor.

netty2424

As someone who has watched Clemson, pretty much, all my life, They lost some incredible players on that D line. But some of the backups had decent playing time. That D was just as big a key to last year as Travis Etienne and Trevor Lawrence. They lost some serious big timers. Tre Lamar and Kendall Joseph at linebacker, Trayvon Mullen at corner, Austin Bryant and Clelin Ferrell at DE and of course Lawrence and Wilkins at DT. Wilkins was such an x factor for that team (as well as a all around great guy). 3 of those guys were first rounders.
And they lost some incredible reserves - Huggins, JD Davis and Judah Davis, and Mark Fields. Then Shaq Smith transfered to Maryland.

That is a lot of talent to replace. Granted they have some other good guys stepping up like Skalski,Kvon Wallace, Tanner Muse, Simmons and Terrell.

So the big question for Clemson is - given how incredible those starters were, does it mean the reserves are still at a level that is higher than most. Many of the sports media guys in the Upstate seem to think so.
I think the ACC will be stronger across the board this year. Scuse won't be overlooked this year. NC State is likely stepping up and BC is gonna be a serious pain in the neck for folks. Duke should be decent, but they open with a ticked off Bama.
You’re obviously dialed into Clemson. As someone who doesn't watch them outside of a few games a year, I just get the sense that they’re one of the 3 plug’n’play programs at this point, alongside Bama and tOSU. We’ll see if Day can replicate that at tOSU.

But I see no reason for Clemson to drop off out of contention with that QB they’ve got, and more importantly that sorry ass conference they play in.

Hemingway

Michigan is coming out of the big 10. The hype will be unreal, then Georgia/Florida (Sec West champ) or Clemson will blow them out. Always feels like it’s either the pac 12 or big 12 getting, not both.

Mean Purple

You’re obviously dialed into Clemson. As someone who doesn't watch them outside of a few games a year, I just get the sense that they’re one of the 3 plug’n’play programs at this point, alongside Bama and tOSU. We’ll see if Day can replicate that at tOSU.

But I see no reason for Clemson to drop off out of contention with that QB they’ve got, and more importantly that sorry ass conference they play in.
From the sounds of the reports from the Upstate, I am guessing your are correct.

Latest posts