• The KillerFrogs

OT but pretty cool!

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
When my kids were little we used to buy a dozen doughnuts across the street and bring them to the fire station. The firefighters always let the kids try on boots, etc. and get into a truck. Great memories.

WhatTheFrog

When my kids were little we used to buy a dozen doughnuts across the street and bring them to the fire station. The firefighters always let the kids try on boots, etc. and get into a truck. Great memories.
Every quarter(ish), I smoke up a bunch of whatever blows my skirt up and deliver it to the local fire station (#38 in my case). Brisket, pulled pork, turkeys, ribs (pork and/or beef), chickens...it doesn't matter. They always seem to appreciate it and no one ever complains because it isn't Kosher or Ramadanish (?). I'll include sides of beans (sometimes smoked as well), kickin' collards, roasted potatoes, or whatever.

I mention this periodically, not for any recognition, but I'd love to see others here do the same for their local first responder units. Doesn't matter if it's a fire station or a police station, it's just a cool thing to do.

Thanks for doing what you did, Frog Wild. Just because your kids are grown doesn't mean that you or your kids have to stop.

MTfrog5

Grew up getting doughnuts every Friday there when I was a kid. Was pissed when someone drove thru that corner of the building