• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: SMU-TCU won't be played on the hardwood in 2019-20 season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SMU-TCU won't be played on the hardwood in 2019-20 season

By Billy Embody

The SMU Mustangs and TCU Horned Frogs won't meet this season in the regular season in college basketball as TCU released its 2019-20 non-conference schedule and the game was not included, confirming what Pony Stampede had reported to subscribers in the past. Sources indicated that with SMU's desire to elevate its non-conference basketball schedule slate, the desire was there from SMU's side to play the game.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/smu/A...d-on-the-hardwood-in-2019-20-season-133953144

robbroyy

I understand not playing them in football more than basketball. Saves money playing them in BB by not having to travel somewhere else or pay a guarantee for another school to come in and that money could be used for recruiting.

Bizarro Frog

Playing Rice would fun. Should be a win every season and if a game is down in HTown I can visit some good buddies and eat some great food.

Or rotate SMU, Rice, North Texas with every game at Amon Carter.

Hell Sent Frog

I went to the TCU @ SMU MBB game last year.

I thought SMU tried hard to create a good cross town rivalry-like atmosphere for the contest. They gave away free SMU t-shirts, it was a good weekday-sized crowd and there was plenty of loud cheering.

SMU has spent a lot of money to update their arena.

You could see that the Horned Frog players were very happy to come away with the road victory over the Mustangs. It was a big win. But in the end, it apparently wasn't a non-conference road game the NCAA Selection Committee viewed as noteworthy.

I will say that there is a much better chance of playing cross town schools like North Texas or UT-Arlington only at our place and not have to go on the road. And if this is not the case, maybe TCU should continue playing SMU home and home.

Last edited: