• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

frog-hat

Man these people on here complaining that we are going from 54' wide to over 108' wide... come on man. That's awesome TCU. One would assume that the height grew proportionally as well, so that means this bad boy that's coming is MORE THAN DOUBLE our previous screen and with the latest technology.

Go Frogs to that!
That would actually be 4 times as large as the current board

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Been a tough start for Donati in the AD chair.
I don’t see how this should be laid at his feet. They thought it would get done and it didn’t happen. I doubt the construction company told them it would take until 2020 and then JD just lied about it. There are people working at all hours on this thing. Hell, I was In the stadium before 6am earlier this week and they were working. The weather didn’t cooperate. There probably wasn’t a great contingency plan. Ship happens.

jake102

I don’t see how this should be laid at his feet. They thought it would get done and it didn’t happen. I doubt the construction company told them it would take until 2020 and then JD just lied about it. There are people working at all hours on this thing. Hell, I was In the stadium before 6am earlier this week and they were working. The weather didn’t cooperate. There probably wasn’t a great contingency plan. Ship happens.

Yeah I don't necessarily mean it's been a tough start in that he's screwed up a bunch, more that it's been a stressful start with Schloss, Dixon, stadium build and poor 2018 football season.

That being said, with construction, if it's always late, you lose the ship happens excuse. At some point you build in "ship happens" as part of the timeline.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Been a tough start for Donati in the AD chair.
And, just as a different counterpoint, he did raise the money to build it, kept Schlossnagle and Dixon and something like 18 of 21 sports were ranked at some point last season. A national champion rifle team and a track individual champion. Deep runs for golf and tennis, plus baseball in the postseason again. And for god’s sake the CHEEZ-IT bowl. It was glorious.

Edit: not your point. But I like it. So I’m leaving it.

YA

And, just as a different counterpoint, he did raise the money to build it, kept Schlossnagle and Dixon and something like 18 of 21 sports were ranked at some point last season. A national champion rifle team and a track individual champion. Deep runs for golf, tennis, baseball in postseason. And for god’s sake the CHEEZ-IT bowl. It was glorious.
jake102, bless his heart, has always been a debbie downer

Mean Purple

Man these people on here complaining that we are going from 54' wide to over 108' wide... come on man. That's awesome TCU. One would assume that the height grew proportionally as well, so that means this bad boy that's coming is MORE THAN DOUBLE our previous screen and with the latest technology.

Go Frogs to that!
Looks like a great add to the improvements. Hopefully we'll have a better sound system. Seemed deafening with the one he had recently down on that end.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I am interested in how they handle the people that gave up seats to get in the club. I don’t think just giving them east side sunburn and heat stroke seats will satisfy anyone too much.
That's what I was just thinking: "All those seats given up and people moved around... Oops!"

LeagueCityFrog

The only games TCU Athletics better have a game plan o what to do with the people who gave up their westside season seats and invested into this Eastside project is the Texas and Baylor home game. Gary is going to want those games rocking as loud as possible too.

The Stewart club is nice, but people aren't going to be eager to pay for that as their experience vs the westside seats they use to have for seasons.

They should just offer the Stewart Club for free for the eastsiders who got screwed as a way to say thank you for your patience and forgiving the unforeseen weather and blown out timeline and thanks for giving us a bunch of money and call it good for 2019. Maybe charge tickets for anything available in the west side if people want them.