• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

Dogfrog

For the record, a quick google tells me TCU's new video board will rank #9 in the country once installed, as measured by Sq Feet (the preferred measurement for these kinds of things):

108’4” wide and 48’6” high = 5,268 sq. feet

1. Auburn (10,830)
2. Oklahoma (7,849)
3. Texas A&M (7,661)
4. Texas Longhorns (7,370)
5. Miami (6,715)
6. Arkansas (6,286)
7. USC (6,000)
8. Michigan State (5,300)
9. TCU (5,268)
10. Arizona (5,264)
11. Mississippi State (5,217)
12. Ohio State (5,208)
13. Minnesota (5,208)
14. Baylor (5,029)
15. Memphis (4,704)
23. Texas Tech (3,800)

So width about 8-9 yards short of each sideline? Which does look roughly where the flagpoles are located.

LeagueCityFrog

I believe it was 54' wide, don't remember the height.

Man these people on here complaining that we are going from 54' wide to over 108' wide... come on man. That's awesome TCU. One would assume that the height grew proportionally as well, so that means this bad boy that's coming is MORE THAN DOUBLE our previous screen and with the latest technology.

Go Frogs to that!

Hell Sent Frog

It's hard to believe how small Texas Tech's video board is. Just one among many other reasons why they have such a difficult time recruiting. Also, another reason the Red Raiders' football attendance has been so dismal.
It's easy to see why the other Power 5 conferences are not interested in Texas Tech and their football program and their location in Lubbock regarding realignment.

TooColdU

It's hard to believe how small Texas Tech's video board is. Just one among many other reasons why they have such a difficult time recruiting. Also, another reason the Red Raiders' football attendance has been so dismal.
It's easy to see why the other Power 5 conferences are not interested in Texas Tech and their football program and their location in Lubbock regarding realignment.

I’m really not into talking crap about Tech after they beat us last year in Fort Worth, in a year their head coach got fired.

For how bad they’ve been recently, they are 4-3 against us since we joined the Big 12. Pretty embarrassing.

Last edited:

Casey T

I’m really not into talking crap about Tech after they beat us last year in Fort Worth, in a year their head coach got fired.

For how bad they’ve been recently, they are 4-3 against us since we joined the Big 12. Pretty embarrassing.

Those 4 losses still drive me nuts to this day. Last year because our coaches refused to bench robinson. 2016 in 2OT thanks to hatfield missing 3 out of 4 fg's, after holding their record setting offense to only 17 in regulation. 2013 in that ridiculously officiated night game in lubbock. And then 2012 in 3OT

Hell Sent Frog

It's easy to see how much Texas Tech feels they have riding on their head to head football games with TCU. The Red Raiders are looking for absolutely anything they can point to, so as not be left behind by TCU, when realignment potentially comes along again. But nothing can help the Lubbock based school.

TCU has a much richer history of college football than Tech. A slight edge in recent head-to-head games isn't going to change anything.

The next realignment involving the two schools won't be decided by a small group of state politicians in Austin. And the Red Raiders can sense this. It eats away at them.
They know next time the comparison is going to be about TCU's more successful football history, the Horned Frogs' more appealing football facilities, TCU's US News Top 100 academics, TCU's big city location and its uptown campus and of course the Metroplex being the fourth largest tv market in the country.

Last edited:

MTfrog5

They gave up 82 points to us. They can have a couple OT games if it makes them feel better. Last year game was comical how bad both teams played. The only one that bothers me is holding Mahomes to 17 in regulation.

TSDJin

For the record, a quick google tells me TCU's new video board will rank #9 in the country once installed, as measured by Sq Feet (the preferred measurement for these kinds of things):

108’4” wide and 48’6” high = 5,268 sq. feet

1. Auburn (10,830)
2. Oklahoma (7,849)
3. Texas A&M (7,661)
4. Texas Longhorns (7,370)
5. Miami (6,715)
6. Arkansas (6,286)
7. USC (6,000)
8. Michigan State (5,300)
9. TCU (5,268)
10. Arizona (5,264)
11. Mississippi State (5,217)
12. Ohio State (5,208)
13. Minnesota (5,208)
14. Baylor (5,029)
15. Memphis (4,704)
23. Texas Tech (3,800)

Looks like the info might be a little out of date. Okie Lite's video board isn't listed on there at 56ft high 110ft wide (6160). Might also be a few others as well.

ticketfrog123

It’s amazing how many people in here find reasons to complain about this.

I’m complaining about the old, also expensive videoboard that never worked properly. Did we get a refund or some compensation?

Imagine you get a brand new luxury car, except it only starts on Wednesdays, the radio only gets Baylor women’s basketball games, and cruise control doesn’t work.

Would you complain?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I’m complaining about the old, also expensive videoboard that never worked properly. Did we get a refund or some compensation?

Imagine you get a brand new luxury car, except it only starts on Wednesdays, the radio only gets Baylor women’s basketball games, and cruise control doesn’t work.

Would you complain?
Never is too much hyperbole for me. And I wasn’t talking about the old board.

Frogs01

Would you complain?

I wouldn't have time to complain. If my radio only played Baylor women's basketball games I would find the nearest cliff to drive off of.