• The KillerFrogs

Warning: Don't buy anything from Boykin on Instagram or Twitter

BoondocksFrog

I don't know what the legal procedure would be for something like this, but I can personally say that going the legal route is rarely worth it--especially for a sum of $2k. I know that's real money but the time, energy, legal bills, etc. are just not worth the payout (assuming he even has anything to pay restitution with). Plus would you really want your name in the papers in a suit over some memorabilia with a former QB of your team? All your friends, family, and colleagues would know about it and I just don't think that's worth it.

Count me in the group that thinks SE did the right thing here for himself and other Frog fans.

I think people were more concerned about him facing some consequences for the action.

It wouldn’t be about the money for me, but instead about him taking advantage of fans. He is betting that TCU fans will react exactly how you have. He gets $2k and the wealthy TCU fan on the other end won’t care to spend the energy to hold him responsible.

Wexahu

Baylor will be a fine team I’m sure. They do return a lot of production, but that’s a lot of production from a team that wasn’t great. I would call them middle of the pack, probably minimum of 5 wins with bad breaks and maybe a ceiling of 8 or 9. Frankly they don’t have the depth to keep up with OU, UT, TCU, or probably OSU.

Maybe they’ll surprise me but I just don’t see this championship dark horse nonsense.

They aren't very strong up front on either side of the ball. I don't really get all the love for them really, I guess they return their QB and some decent receivers so they have that going for them, but even then I think Brewer might be a tad overrated at this point in his career.

They'll be a decent team but will have a pretty small margin for error.

Uncle_Frog

I think people were more concerned about him facing some consequences for the action.

It wouldn’t be about the money for me, but instead about him taking advantage of fans. He is betting that TCU fans will react exactly how you have. He gets $2k and the wealthy TCU fan on the other end won’t care to spend the energy to hold him responsible.
That's fair, I'm sure there will be reckoning for him. Still not sure if I would come forward if it happened to me, but I can definitely understand why someone would want for the reasons you stated.

LisaLT

Baylor will be a fine team I’m sure. They do return a lot of production, but that’s a lot of production from a team that wasn’t great. I would call them middle of the pack, probably minimum of 5 wins with bad breaks and maybe a ceiling of 8 or 9. Frankly they don’t have the depth to keep up with OU, UT, TCU, or probably OSU.

Maybe they’ll surprise me but I just don’t see this championship dark horse nonsense.
The last time they were picked to win the Big 12 was by that idiot Rod Gilmore (if I remember correctly) and they came in dead last. That was funny.

Wouldn't it be perfectly full circle if she could talk to Trevone and let him know that she still believes in him, and cause him to rethink the path he is taking? Help him out the way he caused a bunch of TCU fans to help her?

One can dream.

This may sound really stupid or really wishy washy but that thought has crossed my mind more times than you can imagine. Sometimes I think about wanting to reach out to him and offer whatever help he may need and other times I think he can go to straight $&@“ if this is true.

Either way, his behavior for the last few years, can’t and won’t take away from “that moment “ he had with Abby and because of that gesture, we were exposed to a great and generous fan base that provided us with memories and friendships that will last for many years to come.

Looking forward to seeing and having a beer with as many of you as possible in Ames this year...hope you like Busch Light

How is she doing, btw? I think the last update we got was that the docs thought the surgery 2 summers ago went well, but rehab would take a while.

Abby is doing really well and since our trip a couple years ago she has had a few different procedures on her upper and lower legs but nothing planned for this year, which makes her really happy. She is getting bigger and she keeps working hard in her PT sessions and hopefully one day it will all click for her. All in all, things are good

AroundWorldFrog

Man, that's a healthy night of hookers and blow. Maybe even 5 hookers.

AroundWorldFrog

This may sound really stupid or really wishy washy but that thought has crossed my mind more times than you can imagine. Sometimes I think about wanting to reach out to him and offer whatever help he may need and other times I think he can go to straight $&@“ if this is true.

Either way, his behavior for the last few years, can’t and won’t take away from “that moment “ he had with Abby and because of that gesture, we were exposed to a great and generous fan base that provided us with memories and friendships that will last for many years to come.

Looking forward to seeing and having a beer with as many of you as possible in Ames this year...hope you like Busch Light
Yep, anything that Steel thinks is a bad idea, is probably a good one.

Austintxfrog94

Abby is doing really well and since our trip a couple years ago she has had a few different procedures on her upper and lower legs but nothing planned for this year, which makes her really happy. She is getting bigger and she keeps working hard in her PT sessions and hopefully one day it will all click for her. All in all, things are good
Agreed, that was one of my favorite moments as a sports fan in the last decade. Too bad TB is not doing well for himself currently.

Eight

Agreed, that was one of my favorite moments as a sports fan in the last decade. Too bad TB is not doing well for himself currently.

one huge difference is both before and after that moment abby has had a support system around her to help her navigate the challenges of her life.

people who help her realize what is truly important in life for the day when this 15 minutes of fame passes for her.

not making excuses for boykin, but i never really lifted him up as person for the picture or thought i knew much more about him than what he did on the field.

i have no idea the demons he had faced, is facing, and will face.

only think that while many might have felt sorry for the little girl in the wheel chair and proud of claiming boykin for his actions on the field it should have been the other way around.