• The KillerFrogs

Warning: Don't buy anything from Boykin on Instagram or Twitter

froginmn

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't one of the other TCU players greet her before he did?
Not that it really matters. The captains for both teams were being kind to her and lifting her spirits, so what any of those players went on to do doesn't really matter. The moment was about a child getting an uplifting moment.
The other players greeted her, but TB went further by kneeling down and getting on her level. There is great importance in that, and in that moment TB really did so something special.

It's a shame what has happened to him since.

Boomhauer

Great reply.

Any context here? What question was he asked.

Was 2006 during the NBA Finals and Corby Davidson (of The Ticket in dallas) asked him a funny hypothetical question. They have a history of this from whenever Shaq would come into town to play the Mavs back in the days. Funny stuff. Love Shaq’s face when he sees who it is asking the question. Here it is:

Frog-in-law1995

Mac’s story about this, referencing this thread and a similar email he received a few weeks ago, has apparently been pulled from the S-T online. Read it before lunch, now it’s gone. Strange.

netty2424

Was 2006 during the NBA Finals and Corby Davidson (of The Ticket in dallas) asked him a funny hypothetical question. They have a history of this from whenever Shaq would come into town to play the Mavs back in the days. Funny stuff. Love Shaq’s face when he sees who it is asking the question. Here it is:

Man I never knew that was a Corby question. What a great time that was when the Mavs played Shaq and Corby got access to a 1:1. Genius.

Im sorry.. But by not calling the cops I'm actually beginning to wonder if this story is true. There is no way any half way educated person with all the evidence in the world doesn't call the cops.

I don't care if you're a millionaire or what...not pursuing this legally makes me question the whole thing.

The people that know me on this forum will vouch it is true.

I consider myself "half way educated" and for the heck of it I did speak with the DA because of how this thread transpired (see post above). DA was great. Was aware that this is a widespread problem and they're on it like the professionals they are. The authorities have the message.

And FYI my logic is not the same as yours. Not worth the time to phone into the authorities when they have larger fish to fry (and regardless, I was the sucker in the deal) but certainly worth the time to inform those of our own (Frogs). Fool me once...

Last edited:

Purp

Eh, one guy with a crazy prediction isn’t like athlon or somebody else making the call.

Not sold on OKST, but ISU, TTU, Texas, and TCU are all toss-ups at best for Baylor. I really only see 2 wins out of those 5 plus an OU loss.

Their Vegas line is also 7.5
I agree with this. I have very low expectations for Baylor too. They won't be lose to UTSA bad, but they won't be good either.

TX_Krötenechse

Baylor will be a fine team I’m sure. They do return a lot of production, but that’s a lot of production from a team that wasn’t great. I would call them middle of the pack, probably minimum of 5 wins with bad breaks and maybe a ceiling of 8 or 9. Frankly they don’t have the depth to keep up with OU, UT, TCU, or probably OSU.

Maybe they’ll surprise me but I just don’t see this championship dark horse nonsense.

Armadillo

Thank you.

Did not mean for this to turn into a fiasco. Apologies to all.

I don't think you have anything to apologize for. Live and let live baby! You were simply giving a heads up to others. A warning not to get scammed like you did. I might have contacted the authorities. Who knows. But no judgement here on how you handled your own business.

You really have nothing to apologize for.

Uncle_Frog

I don't know what the legal procedure would be for something like this, but I can personally say that going the legal route is rarely worth it--especially for a sum of $2k. I know that's real money but the time, energy, legal bills, etc. are just not worth the payout (assuming he even has anything to pay restitution with). Plus would you really want your name in the papers in a suit over some memorabilia with a former QB of your team? All your friends, family, and colleagues would know about it and I just don't think that's worth it.

Count me in the group that thinks SE did the right thing here for himself and other Frog fans.

Patterson said Pierson did before Boykin but nobody was bringing that up because there wasn’t a picture of it. Think he said this when he had his issues the year after during the off-season. Her dad has been on here and has said he hasn’t taken everything Boykin related out of her room.
Wouldn't it be perfectly full circle if she could talk to Trevone and let him know that she still believes in him, and cause him to rethink the path he is taking? Help him out the way he caused a bunch of TCU fans to help her?

One can dream.

Frog-in-law1995

I don't know what the legal procedure would be for something like this, but I can personally say that going to legal route is rarely worth it--especially for a sum of $2k. I know that's real money but the time, energy, legal bills, etc. are just not worth the payout (assuming he even has anything to pay restitution with). Plus would you really want your name in the papers in a suit over some memorabilia with a former QB of your team? All your friends, family, and colleagues would know about it and I just don't think that's worth it.

Count me in the group that thinks SE did the right thing here for himself and other Frog fans.

I don’t think anyone suggested a lawsuit. Perhaps I missed it, though.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Wouldn't it be perfectly full circle if she could talk to Trevone and let him know that she still believes in him, and cause him to rethink the path he is taking? Help him out the way he caused a bunch of TCU fans to help her?

One can dream.

One can also dream about you not being Stupid, which is just as much of a fantasy...

So dumb.