• The KillerFrogs

Poll: What QB gets the most B12 snaps

Pick Him-Who gets the most snaps in B12 play?

• Delton

Votes: 40 29.4%
  • Collins

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Duggan

Votes: 57 41.9%
  • Rogers

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Baldwin

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Froggish

Keep in mind that going into the season last year we heard a lot of things about Robinson and Collins and their talent but not once did we ever hear about either of them being a leader...That’s a word being thrown around a lot this far about several of the QBs.

I’m also in the camp that believes SR got the nod last year more so because it was a promised to him and his parents then earned. That’s not to say he was the more talented guy but I think that promise likely got in the way of pulling the plug earlier. Having said that I didn’t think Collins played all that well in his 4 starts either so who knows.

netty2424

I’ve heard from a few people connected with the team, but it’s not secret knowledge. Gary all but admitted it during big 12 media days.

From a 247 article:
“Justin is somewhere about 90 (percent), in there, just getting started. But he was able to go through spring, take reps and things,” Patterson said. “We just keep working with him. That injury is one of those, the guy that plays for the Cowboys the linebacker (Jaylon Smith), one of these days that nerve just wakes up, and it's not completely woke up, but it's a lot farther along than it was a year ago.”

While Patterson acknowledged Rogers’ is improving, there are still some limitations to what the quarterback can do mobility wise. The remaining improvement Rogers has to meet to get completely healthy could still be a long road; it’s something Patterson will monitor closely in fall camp.

“He’s running through the off-season, it’s just hard for him taking off and doing things,” Patterson said of Rogers. “But, I wouldn’t want to hinder him where someone could hurt him if he had to play in a ball game. I’m not going to elaborate on exactly what everything is so somebody doesn’t try to attack him if that happens.”

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Justin-Rogers-recovering-still-limited-133708730/
Not disagreeing with your assessments lately on the QB situation and quite honestly am on board with Duggan(totally guessing here as I have no idea if he’s capable at this point) if Rogers can’t go.

But let’s think about this for a second. GP says 90%. There will be a large number of kids playing at 90% all season long. Tough sport, injuries are a big factor, and kids play through them.

I’m not calling it, but if we see it, I won’t be surprised to JR under center this season.

y2kFrog

Collins was a 56% passer with 6 TD and 2 INT. For a full year that would be 17 TD and 6 INT. I would gladly take 17 TD and 6 INT from this year's QB(s).
SR had 9 TD and 8 INT. SR was the better runner when he wasn't fumbling.
But he was usually fumbling.

56% completion percentage will not cut it! The only game Collins was able to win last year was vs. Alex Delton in a game which set football back 50 years. Other games were awful too including WVU blowout, and losing to KU.

Froggish

Collins was a 56% passer with 6 TD and 2 INT. For a full year that would be 17 TD and 6 INT. I would gladly take 17 TD and 6 INT from this year's QB(s).
SR had 9 TD and 8 INT. SR was the better runner when he wasn't fumbling.
But he was usually fumbling.

In a full year of college football that would a pretty pedestrian stat line..

Realtorfrog

Delton is the season starter but Rogers settles in as the starter around game three. Rogers spells Delton at first but then the rolls reverse Duggan gets snaps in four games to keep his RS. Nothing against Collins but we are in BIG trouble if it’s him.

Go Frogs!

SuperBarrFrog

Just wondering if acupuncture would work on Rogers’ nerve? I have had it before and it woke every nerve they put a needle in and then some.

I’ve always wondered how many pro and college teams use acupuncture. I’ve done it tons of times over the years for all sorts of things with great success.

Last edited:

Horny4TCU

We don’t need a Heisman candidate to contend for a playoff bid this year. Just someone who doesn’t turn it over.
369smh.jpg

Froggish

We don’t need a Heisman candidate to contend for a playoff bid this year. Just someone who doesn’t turn it over.

I think you can win a lot of games by not turning the ball over but getting into playoff contention probably requires a bit more play making ability. Don’t recall the last time a game manager made it into playoff or a the previous BCS.

netty2424

I think you can win a lot of games by not turning the ball over but getting into playoff contention probably requires a bit more play making ability. Don’t recall the last time a game manager made it into playoff or a the previous BCS.
I don’t have it in me to build a case, but I think it can probably be argued that Jalen Hurts was a game manager for Bama.